CIS Student Employment and Internship Opportunities
Added March 16, 2021
New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT) Job Board
New York City has hundreds of complex urban challenges that require your top-notch skills and innovative solutions. By working at DoITT, you have the change to make a tangible impact on the lives of all New Yorkers who will use the services that you design and build. View available jobs from NYC DoITT. To apply copy and paste the job ID into the NYC.gov careers page.
Added March 15, 2021
This is a grant-funded position. Continuation is contingent upon grant funding.
Fordham Center for Cybersecurity, Lincoln Center and Rose Hill
- Assists the Center’s director with all the Center-related activities.
- Prepares and reviews grant processes to ensure efficacy.
- Maintains oversight including grant activities and records.
- Develops and coordinates cybersecurity trainings and curricula.
- Enhances communication and further develops strategic partnerships.
- Designs and maintains webpages related to center activities and initiatives.
- Assists in maintaining Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) accreditation for cybersecurity programs.
- Creates documentation, project reports, publications, presentations, and other written material to inform or convey project details.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, education, or related field required.
- Experience developing technical content for professional training or curriculum development.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and practices.
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in developing presentations and documents related to projects and initiatives
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA Category: Exempt
Start Date: ASAP
Send letter, resume, and copy of transcript to Dr. Thaier Hayajneh, thayajneh ( at ) fordham.edu
Fordham IT Internships
CIO Office Intern | Rose Hill, IT Business Office
Data Journalist Intern | Remote, Fordham Analytics
Web Developer Intern | Rose Hill, Strategic Application Solutions department
Web Content Specialist Intern | Remote, Development and University Relations
Database Administration Intern | Rose Hill , Database Administration Group
Added December 14, 2020
Are you ready to make your next move? NSA’s Cybersecurity mission is hiring! NSA’s Cybersecurity mission is charged with preventing and eradicating cyberthreats to National Security Systems, the Department of Defense, the Defense Industrial Base, weapons systems, and more.
You have the opportunity to be a part of this diverse team of problem solvers. We collaborate across industry and government in classified and unclassified spaces, working at cyberspeed to secure our Nation.
We have openings from entry level to experienced cybersecurity professionals in the following areas:
Information System Security Professional Systems Engineers
- Cyber Mitigations Engineer/System Vulnerability Analyst
- Digital Network Exploitation Analyst
- Network Professionals
- System Engineers
Our mission at NSA is driven by our people. If you enjoy creatively solving hard cyber problems, NSA Cybersecurity is the place for you.
Make the move and apply today!
Added December 1, 2020
MongoDB Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2021 (EMEA), Dublin
Added September 20, 2020
Google Careers OnAir
Planning your next career move?
Whether you're preparing for your first internship or pivoting to your next opportunity, Google Careers OnAir will help you connect, learn, and grow. Register for the Google Careers OnAir upcoming livestreams, watch previously-aired events on demand, and let us help you get one step closer to your future.
Added June 17, 2020
Online Coding Instructor
We are looking for part-time coding instructors to teach computer coding classes to school students (8-18 years old). Classes are taught online, so you will be working remotely from your home and utilizing a virtual classroom environment. Each class typically meets once per week and are 1-hour long. There are 6-8 students per class.
We provide a structured curriculum, teaching platform, and instruction materials. The primary role of a CodeWizardsHQ Instructor is to deliver the curriculum in an engaging way and ultimately be responsible for student retention and parent satisfaction.
- Deliver the curriculum in a fun and engaging way
- Provide feedback for curriculum improvement
- Engage with parents/students as needed
- Positively advocate for the school and the program
- Experience with the coding languages we teach
- Experience teaching kids or adults
- Computer purchased in the last five years, with microphone headset and high-speed internet access
- A quiet workspace free of distractions
How much is my compensation?
You will be paid $20 per hour-long session with potential for raises and bonuses based on student retention and parent satisfaction.
What languages are you looking for instructors to teach?
When will I be teaching?
The highest availability of classes is between 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. CT Monday - Friday and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Sundays.
How many classes will I be teaching?
Initially, new instructors start with 2-3 classes per week. Based on how well students enjoy your classes, you would be given additional classes. Once ramped, our instructors take between 10 to 20 sessions per week.
How long will I need to teach?
Each of our courses is 12 weeks in duration. When you accept a class you are agreeing to teach for the full duration of that course.
Numerade, an organization that provides STEM students with resources, is currently offering a flexible and remote internship opportunity for college students. If you’re interested you can apply at this link here: Educator Sign Up.