CIS Student Employment and Internship Opportunities
Added August 2, 2022
Solis Security / Digital Forensics / Incident Response Investigator Austin, Texas or Full Remote
The Forensics Investigator shall be responsible for conducting in-depth examinations for host-based systems from a live response engagement and/or post-breach incident that will lead in determining a root cause of the reported incident. The Investigator working in this role must be able to conduct a free-form analysis while utilizing available forensic tools and investigative methods to answer relevant questions, typically for a legal audience. The Forensic Investigator shall be proficient in note taking, report writing, and must possess the ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analyze intrusion techniques that assist with determining a root cause analysis
- Accurately report and communicate findings
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge on performing a forensic examination
- Be familiar with Incident Response processes and procedures
- Be familiar with incidents involving malware, ransomware, and website exploitation
- Have a working understanding of various file systems (FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, HFS+)
- Have a working understanding of operating systems concepts
- Identify artifacts that support malicious use leading to data exfiltration
- Possess an understanding of performing a registry analysis and identify persistence locations
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Utilize EDR tools such as Carbon Black, SentinelOne, Huntress, and other platforms as required
- Working understanding of conducting memory analysis using tools such as Axiom and Volatility
- Working understanding of malware analysis and sandboxing
- Create and run scripts that will aid in automating the forensic analysis process
- Have an industry standard certification(s) such as: GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, CEH, CHFI
- Obtain and generate indicators of compromise to assist with documentation of Threat Actor tactics and techniques
- Perform static and dynamic malware analysis
- The Forensics Team at Solis Security is constantly in search of betterment and excellence with each investigation we perform. Our team cultivates a learning environment that every Investigator can leverage to increase their knowledge as well as mentor each other on their respective specialties. With each hire, we strive to add unique skillsets and backgrounds that can enhance the overall stature of the team. Ideal candidates are humble and eager life-long learners who seek to gain experience quickly while being reliable teammates on a supportive team.
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits that include dental and vision plans
- 401(k) with match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Referral bonus program
- Be part of a dynamic growing company that offers a meaningful and fun work environment
Added July 7, 2022
New York City Office of Technology and Innovation and the City of New York (OTI) Job Board
Why you should work for OTI
Career opportunity. Job security. Great benefits. And a rewarding mission. Whether you are looking to start, grow, or change your career, there is no better place to live your dream than with the Office of Technology and Innovation and the City of New York. Whatever your career ambitions, chances are we have an opportunity for you. We represent the largest local government in the U.S. with more than 400,000 employees and 80 agencies.
Added May 5, 2022
Bioinformatics Analyst - CPMG in New York, New York
The Bioinformatics Team in the Center for Precision Medicine and Genomics (CPMG) is looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Analyst to join a talented group of bioinformatics scientists/statisticians and programmers to perform NGS data analysis. This position will work under the direction of the Bioinformatics lead and Director of CPMG
- Work with faculty and a team of genome analysts to analyze and interpret sequence data.
- Support research studies with bioinformatics and statistical analyses by implement computational models, managing database, and utilizing various statistical packages.
- Contribute to the development of new platforms and solutions for large integrative analysis of genomic data.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of new pipelines and methods for analyzing NGS datasets.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM discipline or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus two years of related experience
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Willingness and initiative to seek out and learn novel tools, methods, and technologies within a quickly evolving field
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java or R) and experience in *NIX environments
- Solid understanding of genetics, bioinformatics and statistics as applied to NGS datasets
- Experience analyzing large NGS data
Successful completion of applicable compliance and systems training requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Added April 26, 2022
Kudelski Security is an independent provider of tailored cybersecurity solutions to enterprises and public sector institutions, delivering workable solutions to the toughest security challenges they face. View their career opportunities page, which has many cybersecurity-related jobs.
Cyber Security Analyst, Trinity Church Wall Street
Trinity Church Wall Street is looking for an experienced, well organized, and self-motivated candidate to fulfill the role of Cyber Security Analyst. The position is an opportunity to leverage a variety of expertise and skills in several domains of Cybersecurity. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the role of IT as it relates to supporting the objectives of an organization with a community driven mission and be able to understand threats while communicating with non-technical leadership regarding the risks associated with them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Security Engineering and Operations
- Determine baseline security configuration standards for operating systems (e.g., operating system hardening), network segmentation, and identity and access management (IAM)
- Conduct security assessments of internal systems, applications, and IT infrastructure as part of the overall risk management practice of the organization
- Work with IT and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software
- Assist in the review and update of cyber security policies, architectures, and standards
- Recommend security controls and/or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents
- Identify and prioritize internal and external threats, quantify the risk to the organization, and recommend methods to mitigate or remediate risk
- Educate stakeholders on cybersecurity-related matters to increase awareness and improve culture
- Evaluate the statements of work from partners to ensure that adequate security protections are in place. Assess the providers’ SSAE 16 SOC 1 and SOC 2 audit reports (or alternative sources) for security-related deficiencies and required “user controls,” and report any findings to management and vendor management teams
- Assist in responding to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Develop and coordinates vendor risk management frameworks, policies and processes within a broader enterprise, operational and IT risk management model
- Develop security strategy plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices
- Compile metrics for reporting threats, risks, and success of operating controls to leadership
- Implement and maintain a security awareness program to mitigate human risks
- Conduct incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary
- Respond to computer security incidents according to the computer security incident response policy and procedures
- Validate and maintain incident response plans and processes to address potential threats
- Create runbooks for frequently occurring incidents to automate or assist with the resolution of those cases
- Coordinate with the security operations center(SOC), provided by an MSSP, to identify and assess security incidents
- Initiate the security incident response process, and execute decision authority to the extent of the role within that process
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ACTIVITIES
- Strong Knowledge of cybersecurity principles such as risk assessment, risk management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management
- Ability to identify and assess the severity and potential impact of risks. Communicate risk assessment findings to risk owners outside the cybersecurity team in a way that consistently aligns to the mission of Trinity Church Wall Street and allows leadership to make decisions with the presented facts
- An ability to work on several tasks simultaneously and pay attention to sources of information from inside and outside one’s network within an organization.
- An ability to apply original and innovative thinking to produce new ideas
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining security procedures
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and associated network protocols and concepts
- Excellent prioritization capabilities, with an aptitude for breaking down work into manageable parts, effectively assessing the priority and time required to complete each part.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems' software, protocols, and standards
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with IR Tools, Forensic Tools, SIEM Tools, Vulnerability Scanning Tools, Web Application Scanning Tools
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Candidates will be evaluated primarily upon their ability to demonstrate the competencies required to be successful in the role, as described above. For reference, the typical work experience and educational background of candidates in this role are as follows:
- BS or MA in computer science, cybersecurity, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in IT audit, enterprise risk management, penetration tester, red team/incident responder, or as a junior security operations analyst.
- 5+ years of experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (such as International Organization for Standardization [IS0] 27000, COBIT, National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] 800)
Desired, but not required:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM
Added October 25, 2021
Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
Added July 23, 2021
Added June 16, 2021
Numerade is offering a flexible, remote, and paid internship opportunity. You will be developing STEM content for middle school and high school students. The outcomes of this internship will provide you with experience developing project and time management, teaching, and increase subject matter expertise. If you’re interested in applying please use the
Benefits of joining
- Flexible and fully remote work
- Earn between $25-$50 per hour depending on the subject and experience.
- Boost your resume
- Build an online video portfolio (you keep all your content)
The role of a Numerade Educator
- Create high-quality video explanations
- Provide STEM resources to students across the globe
National Security Agency (NSA) Cybersecurity related positions, mainly in Fort George G. Meade, MD, are available with your Handshake job board login.
Added May 31, 2021
Here are a few openings.
ITCC Assistant | RH and LC IT Customer Care
IT Team | RH and LC Student Technology Services
CIO Office Intern | Rose Hill, IT Business Office
Data Journalist Intern | Remote, Fordham Analytics
Web Developer Intern | Rose Hill, Strategic Application Solutions department
Web Content Specialist Intern | Remote, Development and University Relations
Database Administration Intern | Rose Hill, Database Administration Group
User Support Assistant | either Rose Hill or Lincoln Center
Added December 14, 2020
Are you ready to make your next move? NSA’s Cybersecurity mission is hiring! NSA’s Cybersecurity mission is charged with preventing and eradicating cyberthreats to National Security Systems, the Department of Defense, the Defense Industrial Base, weapons systems, and more.
You have the opportunity to be a part of this diverse team of problem solvers. We collaborate across industry and government in classified and unclassified spaces, working at cyberspeed to secure our Nation.
We have openings from entry-level to experienced cybersecurity professionals in the following areas:
Information System Security Professional Systems Engineers
- Cyber Mitigations Engineer/System Vulnerability Analyst
- Digital Network Exploitation Analyst
- Network Professionals
- System Engineers
Our mission at NSA is driven by our people. If you enjoy creatively solving hard cyber problems, NSA Cybersecurity is the place for you.
Make the move and apply today!
Added September 20, 2020
Google Careers OnAir
Planning your next career move?
Whether you're preparing for your first internship or pivoting to your next opportunity, Google Careers OnAir will help you connect, learn, and grow. Register for the Google Careers OnAir upcoming livestreams, watch previously-aired events on demand, and let us help you get one step closer to your future.
Added June 17, 2020
Online Coding Instructor, CodeWizardsHQ
We are looking for part-time coding instructors to teach computer coding classes to school students (8-18 years old). Classes are taught online, so you will be working remotely from your home and utilizing a virtual classroom environment. Each class typically meets once per week and are 1-hour long. There are 6-8 students per class.
We provide a structured curriculum, teaching platform, and instruction materials. The primary role of a CodeWizardsHQ Instructor is to deliver the curriculum in an engaging way and ultimately be responsible for student retention and parent satisfaction.
- Deliver the curriculum in a fun and engaging way
- Provide feedback for curriculum improvement
- Engage with parents/students as needed
- Positively advocate for the school and the program
- Experience with the coding languages we teach
- Experience teaching kids or adults
- Computer purchased in the last five years, with microphone headset and high-speed internet access
- A quiet workspace free of distractions
How much is my compensation?
You will be paid $20 per hour-long session with potential for raises and bonuses based on student retention and parent satisfaction.
What languages are you looking for instructors to teach?
When will I be teaching?
The highest availability of classes is between 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. CT Monday - Friday and 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Sundays.
How many classes will I be teaching?
Initially, new instructors start with 2-3 classes per week. Based on how well students enjoy you.