Checklist for New Student Veterans
1. Obtain copies of:
- High School Diploma
- Medical and Dental Records
- Awards and Letters of recommendation
- College Education Transcripts (JST)
- Certificate of Eligibility
2. Create MyPay and eBenefits account.
3. Be sure that you have the Post 9/11 GI-Bill (Chapter 33). You may use the Montgomery GI-Bill (Chapter 30), but it will not pay Fordham's tuition in full and will not afford you the same monthly housing stipend seen from the Post 9/11 GI-Bill.
- To do this, create an account with E-Benefits and fill out a 22-1990 form. This will allow you to elect which program you wish to use, and it will also "activate" your GI-Bill.
4. The VA will respond by sending you a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. When you receive your letter, email that and a scanned copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4) to Seton Heslin-Scott so that she may create your student/VA profile. This is required by Fordham so that she may certify your credits. Ultimately, this will allow you to start receiving your benefits.
Shots and Medical/Health Insurance
Take a copy of your medical records to health services to verify your immunizations (Required by State Law).
- Disenrollment notices are not something to ignore!
- Don’t pay for vaccinations.
- Call the Vet Center with questions if confronted with a requirement to pay.
- Be sure to check your Fordham.edu email frequently!!!
- Enroll in the VA health network.
The Manhattan VA’s address is 423 E 23rd St, New York, NY 10010.
The Bronx VA’s address is 130 W Kingsbridge Rd, Bronx, NY 10468.
Once Accepted into Fordham:
Be prepared to buy books out of pocket. It may take time to process request. Contact Veteran Certifying Officer on Campus to ensure all documentation is in order.
- Seton Heslin-Scott: 718-817-2685; email@example.com
Moving To New York City:
1. Set aside a week or more to look for apartments.
2. Look online: Trulia, Zillow, Streeteasy, Renthop, Craigslist, etc. Contact realtor (be prepared to pay a brokerage fee)
3. For proof of income:
- Acceptance Letter
- Print out of GI Bill Comparison Tool Quote
Fordham Veteran Centers
Undergraduate Schools at Fordham University
Fordham College Rose Hill (FCRH)
Located in Bronx, New York, one our two traditional undergraduate programs.
Fordham College Lincoln Center (FCLC)
Located in Manhattan, New York, one of our two traditional undergraduate programs.
The Gabelli School of Business at Rose Hill
Located on the FCRH campus in Bronx, is… (get info about Gabelli)
The School of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS)
PCS is Fordham’s non-traditional undergraduate program. Classes operates on a nightly basis once per week each semester, typically beginning at 6:30 p.m. and ending at 9:15 p.m. After one semester in PCS, students may take two night classes and two day classes.