IT Communications Intern
Department: IT Administration. The IT Administration team oversees communications to the Fordham University community. They are also responsible for IT talent management, professional development, business office operations, and
Position: IT Communications Internship
Supervisor: Manager, IT Communications
Summary: IT seeks a dynamic self-starter experienced with WordPress, website content management, social media platforms, and writing to assist IT marketing and communications efforts. On average, 10-12 hours of work per work on the Rose Hill Campus.
- Must be a sophomore or junior in the year of appointment.
- Must be a full-time Fordham undergraduate student in good academic standing.
- Must have successfully completed Fordham University's Composition II course or the equivalent.
- Must possess strong writing skills.
- Must be a reliable, quick learner who can work with minimal supervision.
- Open-minded and willing to work on a variety of projects.
- Comfortable with WordPress, Google Workspace, and Adobe applications, such
as InDesign and PhotoShop. Some training can be provided.
- Photography and photo editing skills a plus
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Must uphold, enforce, and abide by all university policies.
- Assist with updating IT's web pages. Training in Terminal 4 (T4), the website
CMS, will be provided.
- Write blog posts about technology at Fordham for IT News.
- Curate a Twitter stream for @FordhamIT that is targeted to students, as well as a general stream with news and information about technology relevant to the Fordham community.
- Develop content for IT’s Instagram page (@Fordham_IT)
- Collaborate with the Manager of IT Communications on new ideas, directions, and media for communications and marketing to the University.
- On-site assistance with events sponsored by IT at Rose Hill and Lincoln Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pays close attention to details, double checks work.
- An effective communicator with strong writing skills.
- Firm grasp of how to use Twitter and Instagram effectively. Experience with other social media and blogging platforms.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Reliable and on time for appointments, responds promptly to emails, appointment invitations, and text messages during the University's regular business hours.
- Gain experience in communications and working for an IT organization.
- Build your portfolio.
- Establish employment references from an IT organization.
- Flexible scheduling.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Apply online. You are required to attach your resume to the application. If you are selected for an interview, a writing sample will be requested.