Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development
In the IPED Master of Arts, you will study International Economic Relations and Global Development from an advanced interdisciplinary perspective in New York City with a select group of students. Our students have won a variety of prestigious awards, including Fulbrights, Borens, and other international awards. They have also become Chartered Financial Analyst Scholars, and worked as U.S. Presidential Management Fellows and International Development Fellows. Our program's focus on an advanced interdisciplinary approach is based on a rigorous foundation of analytical skills and combined with practical field experiences in New York and around the world.
- International Banking and Finance
- International Development Studies
- International and Development Economics
- Global Environmental and Resource Economics
- Finance and Development
- Economics and Law
- Careers: More information
- Private Sector: Financial Analysts and Economists
- Public Sector: Policy Analysts and Economists
- Non-Profit Sector: Analysts and Project Managers
- Fordham's IPED Pogram is an affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA).
- We partner with the Peace Corps to offer generous Coverdell Fellowships to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- AmeriCorps has designated Fordham IPED as a National School of Service able to grant matching full tuition Ricci Fellowships to Segal Education Awardees.
- Fordham IPED welcomes Fullbright Fellows from around the world.
- We work closely with the Ateneo de Manila University, the University of Pretoria, and the Alberto Hurtado University to offer programming in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Fordham's Departments of Economics, Political Science, and Sociology founded the IPED Program in 1979 through the generous financial support of the US Department of Education.
Thank You for Supporting the IPED Endowment Fund!
Thanks to your generous support we have more than a quarter of a million dollars in our IPED Endowment Fund. This fund enables our students to pursue internships, language immersion programs, and other field placements which provide invaluable learning experiences outside the classroom to support their career goals of becoming global changemakers. While our 40th anniversary fundraising drive has come to a successful conclusion, we still welcome additional contributions. Please contact us for instructions.
IPED CAREER DAYS on Ocassional FRIDAYS, 10 am to 4 pm
Cammerosano Conference Room, Room E-530, Dealy Hall. Check the IPED Blog for details or contact the IPED Office at <email@example.com> for more information..
Saturday, August 6 - 26, 2022 - Trip to South Africa - Study Program on Emerging Markets at the University of Pretoria.
Sunday, August 28, 2022 - NEW IPED STUDENT ORIENTATION, IPED Commons, Dealy Hall, Room E-540, 12 noon. Includes Lunch.
Wednesday, August 31 - FIRST DAY OF FALL 2022 CLASSES
SAVE THE DATES AND VISIT US AT THE FOLLOWING IDEALIST GRADUATE SCHOOL FAIRS:
- October 6, 2022 - Chicago Idealist Grad School Fair
- October 24, 2022 - New York Idealist Grad School Fair
- October 30, 2022 - Washington, DC Idealist Grad Fair