Division: IT Service Desk
Position: IT Team (Back-to-School Student IT Support)
Supervisor: Assistant Director, IT Service Desk
The IT Team provides Back-to-School (B2S) support for students at Fordham University. The IT Team has a half day of paid training and works during move-in Sunday only. Team members help new students connect to the University network and setup their technology as they arrive on campus inside and outside of the residence halls and we staff an information table throughout the first week of classes, as available. Assistance includes, logging into Fordham wifi on all devices, registering multimedia devices, assisting with printers and TV setups as well as giving out important IT information on help and support services and online resources.
- IT Team members must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the Fall semester of their appointment.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail orientated and able to multitask.
- Eager to assist others in all technology needs.
- Reliability and punctuality with regard to scheduled hours is critical.
- Must be able to return early to campus in August for training.
- Dependable and professional in one's conduct and actions.
- Willing to help out whenever needed and available during the B2S time frame.
- Have a genuine love of IT and helping others.
- Attend mandatory half day training remotely the week before move-in.
- Resident students are required to move into their hall early, on the Friday before move-in, to be ready to work.
- Mandatory hours of work are Sunday (8-4), and tableing M-F during move-in week around class schedules.
- Students can be asked to assist with other IT duties on campus as requested.
Technical Knowledge (some training provided)
- Knowledgeable of computer basics of PC, Mac, and Chromebooks.
- Use all of the Portal's resources and demonstrate them.
- Configure internet protocols settings to enable network connection.
- Update/remove/install software, if necessary.
- Run operating system updates.
- Setup TV's and install printers.
- Configure gaming and mobile devices for network connections.
- Enable network access on all devices.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.