Division: Student Technology Services
Position: IT Team (Back-to-School Student IT Support)
Supervisor: Assistant Director, Student Technology Services
The IT Team provides Back-to-School (B2S) support for students at Fordham University. The IT Team works during move-in weekend and throughout the first few weeks of classes, as required. Team members help new and returning students connect to the University network and setup their computers. They assist with installing and updating virus software, logging into the Fordham NAC, and configuring gaming devices, mobile devices, printers, and WiFi settings.
- IT Team members must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the Fall semester of their appointment.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail orientated and able to multitask.
- Eager to assist others in all technology needs.
- Reliability and punctuality with regard to scheduled hours is critical.
- Must be able to return early to campus in August for training.
- Dependable and professional in one's conduct and actions.
- Willing to help out whenever needed and available during the B2S time frame.
- Have a genuine love of IT and helping others.
- Attend mandatory training day on the Thursday before classes begin.
- Resident students are required to move into their hall early, on the Wednesday before move-in, to be ready to attend training.
- Mandatory hours of work are all day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday during move-in week.
- Students will assist with other IT duties on campus as requested, including ID distribution.
- Returning IT Team members should be willing to work throughout the first few weeks of school as their schedules allow to help solve residual connection problems.
Technical Knowledge (some training provided)
- Knowledgeable of computer basics of both PC and Mac's.
- Use all of the Portal's resources and demonstrate them.
- Configure internet protocols settings to enable network connection.
- Update/remove/install virus software, if necessary.
- Run operating system updates.
- Set up and install printers.
- Configure gaming and mobile devices for network connections.
- Login to the Fordham NAC and scan to enable network access.
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.