DIVISION: IT Customer Care
POSITION: ITCC Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Manager, IT Customer Care
Work in the IT Customer Care Centers at either Rose Hill or Lincoln Center to assist faculty, staff and students with resolving issues relating to software, hardware, and computer peripheral equipment. Students are expected to provide a high level of customer service, demonstrate exemplary interpersonal skills and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Student IT Consultants should be:
- Eager and willing to learn through hands on experience
- Familiar with basic computer operations that include: software installation/updating, antivirus software installation, mobile app configuration, and hardware scans
- Willing to work as an enthusiastic team member capable to handling multiple tasks
- Organized and flexible when selecting work shifts
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional and secure manner
- Registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment
Student IT Consultants should have:
- Basic knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac OS, Linux a plus
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Efficiently assist administration, faculty, staff, and students who call, email, or visit the IT Customer Care Centers.
- Troubleshoot issues connecting to the Fordham network by updating/installing virus software, updating windows, installing Symantec Endpoint Protection and configuring network connections.
- Respond to technology based requests by phone, email, or in person with exemplary customer service skills, patience, and strong communication skills.
- Document every customer interaction through our EasyVista ticketing system to ensure proper follow through and completion of client requests.
- Reliability and punctuality with regard to scheduled working hours is critical.
- Proficient with Windows 7/8
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiar with installing and un-installing software
- Experience with Windows 10
- Basic Network Configuration Experience
- Mac OS X Experience
Training will be provided for:
- EasyVista ticketing system
- Basic troubleshooting for Multi-Factor Authentication
- Basic troubleshooting for all other Fordham applications
- Basic NAC troubleshooting
- Proper Customer Service procedures
- Proper in-take procedures
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.