IT Service Desk Assistant | RH & LC
DIVISION: IT Service Desk
POSITION: IT Service Desk Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Manager, IT Service Desk
Apply to work with IT Service Desk providing technical support to faculty, staff and students. Applicants are expected to be tech savvy, provide a high level of customer service, demonstrate exemplary interpersonal skills and maintain a professional attitude at all times. Hours will be assigned around your class schedule, min 10hrs to a max of 19hrs a week.
Student IT Consultants should be:
- Eager and willing to learn through hands on experience
- Familiar with basic computer operations that include: software installation/updating, antivirus software installation, mobile app configuration, and hardware scans
- Willing to work as an enthusiastic team member capable to handling multiple tasks
- Organized and flexible when selecting work shifts
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional and secure manner
- Registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment
Student IT Consultants should have:
- Basic knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac OS, Linux a plus
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Efficiently assist administration, faculty, staff, and students who call, email, or visit the IT Service Desk Centers.
- Troubleshoot issues connecting to the Fordham network by updating/installing virus software, updating windows, installing Symantec Endpoint Protection and configuring network connections.
- Respond to technology based requests by phone, email, or in person with exemplary customer service skills, patience, and strong communication skills.
- Document every customer interaction through our ServiceNow ticketing system to ensure proper follow through and completion of client requests.
- Reliability and punctuality with regard to scheduled working hours is critical.
- Familiat with Windows 10 and Mac OS X
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiar with installing and un-installing software
- Proficient with Windows 10
- Basic Network Configuration Experience
- Proficient with Mac OS X
Training will be provided for:
- ServiceNow ticketing system
- Basic troubleshooting for Multi-Factor Authentication
- Basic troubleshooting for the fordham.edu portal
- Basic troubleshooting for WiFi connections
- Proper Customer Service procedures
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.