Doctor of Ministry
This hybrid program offers both on-campus and online coursework.
Designed to prepare reflective, competent leaders for religious ministry, the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) program combines rigorous theological inquiry with practical ministerial experience. You’ll produce sound scholarship and meaningful research while exploring a range of cultural and theological issues including ecology, feminism, multiculturalism, globalization, enculturation, peace and justice, and spirituality. This doctoral program gives special but not exclusive attention to the Christian and Catholic religious tradition.
Students choose from one of the following fields of concentration:
- Latinx Ministry
- Students work closely with a faculty mentor.
- Hybrid on-campus, online program allows for flexible scheduling.
- On-campus evening courses and intensive formats are available.
- Teach and learn with our renowned faculty and international students from more than twenty countries.
- Take courses at the member schools of the New York Theological Consortium.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree in divinity or the equivalent and have a minimum of three years of experience in pastoral practice.
- The curriculum requires satisfactory completion of 12 courses (36 semester credits).
- A doctoral project is required.
- You may pursue this degree either as a full-time or part-time student.
- You are required to attend two January intensive, on-campus sessions during your first two years of study.
- Vice president for mission integration in a university or health care context
- Executive director of a faith-based or non-profit initiative
- Community organizing
- Parish or congregational leader
- Diocesan leader of evangelization or faith formation