GRE Non-Matric/Visiting Students
Take a course or two with us!
Those who are not ready or do not want to begin a degree at this time are welcome to take a course with us as a non-matriculated or visiting student without going through a formal admissions process. This option is ideal for students who:
- Wish to strengthen their candidacy for admission
- Want to explore an area of study for personal enrichment or employment opportunities
- Wish to build academic confidence before matriculating into a degree or certificate program
- Wish to begin coursework as soon as possible
How to Apply
To apply to GRE as either a non-matriculated or visiting student:
- Complete the online application. (Include Academic Interest, Colleges and Universities attended, Employment History, Personal Statement, and Signature. Review sections that need to be completed.)
- Submit the application.
- Email [email protected]. We will not know to process and waive unneeded items unless you alert us that your application has been submitted.
- Provide an official transcript showing you have earned a B.A./B.S. degree. The transcript can be mailed to us or sent electronically from your college or university.
There is no application fee.
Email [email protected] or call 718-817-4800.
Because you are seeking enrollment to take a course for graduate credit at the GRE, we require that you provide transcripts showing that you have earned a B.A./B.S. degree (at a minimum).
Ways to submit your transcript:
- Upload a scanned copy of your transcript.
- Mail a copy of your transcript to our office.
- Email a copy of your transcript to our office.
- Request your college or university send your official transcript to us.
Mailed transcripts should be sent to:
The Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education
C/O Office of Admissions
441 East Fordham Road, Keating Hall Room 303
Bronx, NY 10458
Email transcripts to [email protected]
If you have questions, call 718-817-4800.
Audit an On-Campus Course
If you are not ready to take a course for credit but would like to learn more about religious education, spirituality, pastoral counseling, ministry, or more, you can audit an on-campus course.
Fee to Audit: $902.00 per course.
Please note: Online and other designated courses are not open to audit. Courses registered for audit cannot be changed to retroactively count for credit after the course begins.
To find out more about how to register to audit an on-campus course, or if you have a question about whether a specific course can be audited, contact [email protected] or call 718-817-4800.