Please note: The Advanced Certificate in Financial Computing is available only to current Fordham University students.
With the surge of high frequency trading and complex investing models, more and more sophisticated computing techniques and skills are required in the finance industry besides traditional quantitative models. For example, strong C++ based software development and machine-learning skills are essential for a financial engineer in automated trading.
To meet such an urgent strong demand for knowledge in advanced financial computing, the Department of Computer and Information Science in partnership with the Gabelli School of Business offers an advanced certificate in financial computing. This certificate program aims at training and sharpening students' computing skills in handling real world large-scale financial data in addition to financial software development. The state-of-the-art, rigorous, and personalized course work/projects guarantee students' future success in the job market. Our alumni have won high-salary "Quant" and financial data analytics positions in Wall Street.
- MSQF (Master of Science in Quantitative Finance) in Graduate School of Business Administration
- MSCS (Master of Science in Computer Science) in Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- MSBA (Master of Science in Business Analytics) in Graduate School of Business Administration
- MSGF (Master of Global Finance) in Graduate School of Business Administration
- Other qualified graduate students.