Personal Firewall Guidelines
For Students, Faculty, Staff, Guests, Alumni
|Office of Information Technology|
|Audience||Faculty, students, administrative officials, staff, alumni, authorized guests, delegates, and independent contractors.|
Review Frequency: Annual
Responsible Person: Senior Director of IT Security and Assurance
Approved By: CISO
|Background Information||The purpose of this guideline is to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to protect IT Resources from malicious and unauthorized activity.|
Firewalls are used to prevent unauthorized access to IT Resources.
IT Resources include computing, networking, communications, application, and telecommunications systems, infrastructure, hardware, software, data, databases, personnel, procedures, physical facilities, cloud-based vendors, Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors, and related materials and services.
- Firewall software should be installed on all University IT Resources.
- For information on the University’s standard firewall software, call IT Service Desk at 718-817-3999 or email [email protected] to obtain a copy or to update the software.
- If applicable, enable your operating system’s (i.e., Windows®1, Mac OS®2) built-in firewall.
- Departments and individuals who choose to use firewall solutions other than the Office of Information Technology standard firewall solution should refer to the documentation provided with their software because:
- they are responsible for maintaining and updating the software they have installed, and
- the University may not support those products.
Related Policies, Procedures, and Forms
|1.1.2||11/13/2019||Update to links|