Third Party Data Transfer Procedure
For Students, Faculty, Staff, Guests, Alumni
This procedure standardizes how data is transmitted/transferred between the University’s IT Resources and a third party.
This IT document, and all policies referenced herein, shall apply to all members of the University community, including faculty, students, administrative officials, staff, authorized guests, delegates, and independent contractors (the “User(s)” or “you”) who use, access, or otherwise employ, locally or remotely, the University’s IT Resources, whether individually controlled, shared, stand-alone, or networked.
- Transmission of data to or from the University, and a third-party, must be reviewed and approved by Information Security and Assurance, per the Third-Party Data Transfer Policy.
- The requestor must submit a service request through ServiceNow from the Administrative section of My Apps on fordham.edu to initiate a third-party data transfer request.
- Click Fordham IT Workspace from the navigation menu.
- Select "New Service Request."
- Select "IT Internal" from the Service Catalog.
- Select "Third Party Data Transfer."
- Complete all the required fields on the request form.
- You may use the Additional Information text box to provide the processors' details not included in the form (e.g., additional contacts, specific instructions, notes).
IT Resources include computing, networking, communications, application, telecommunications systems, infrastructure, hardware, software, data, databases, personnel, procedures, physical facilities, cloud-based vendors, Software as a Service (SaaS) vendors, and any related materials and services.
Related Policies and Procedures
|Responsible Person||Senior Director, IT Security Operations and Assurance|
|1.0.1||03/18/2020||Updated to statement|
|1.2||02/22/2021||Updated procedure statement|
|2.0||03/13/2023||Updated procedure steps from EasyVista to ServiceNow|