DevOps Planning Intern
DIVISION: DevOps Planning
POSITION: DevOps Planning (Enterprise Architecture) Intern
SUPERVISOR: Asst. Director, DevOps Planning | Interlock
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn about Information Technology in an Enterprise Architecture support role. (Note: Enterprise architecture is listed in the Top 20 of Highest-Paying Jobs on Indeed.com.)
You will work on projects that will give you hands-on experience with IT tools, enterprise architecture methodology, business analysis, quality assurance and change management. The opportunity will allow you to sharpen your communication and problem-solving skills in a business environment.
WHAT WE EXPECT
We expect you to be motivated and proactive. You will work with team members and actively participate in discussions, decisions, and collaborative activities. You will work as part of a team and as an individual. ARE YOU A MATCH?
We are looking for Interns who are:
- Collaborative: Use strong interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in ways that foster trust and show flexibility. Easily adapt to varied roles on teams from follower to leader. Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Self-Directed: Must complete assignments with limited supervision. Ability to take ownership and ask for help when needed.
- Interested in business analysis and technical design.
- Researching and documenting application and systems resources.
- Identifying patterns, which can then be translated into architectural efficiencies,
including firewall organizational structure, data classification and privacy, application
- Crafting comprehensive architectural diagrams, illustrating ecosystem interconnectivity,
including opportunities for migration of resources to the cloud, thus driving new
efficiencies and cost savings for the university.
- Preparing presentations to departmental leadership, as necessary.
- Good MS Office (especially prowess in Excel, Visio & PowerPoint) or equivalent skills.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Junior, senior, or current graduate student pursuing studies in Software Engineering,
Computer Science, Information Science, Information Systems, Business Management,
Business Administration (or a related field) or equivalent work experience.
- Must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.