DevOps Workflow Intern
DIVISION: DevOps - Application Services
The Enterprise Process and Content Services Team is responsible for content management, imaging and workflow. We work closely with business partners to support the document storage and retention requirements of the University. This includes ensuring secure and reliable integrations with third-party applications, designing and developing business automation to streamline and improve critical processing, and providing insight to key metrics through configurable dashboards.
POSITION: DevOps Workflow Intern
SUPERVISOR: Enterprise Process and Content Services Manager
SUMMARY: The Office of Information Technology seeks a motivated, and analytical resource who is interested in designing web forms and automating business processes. Learn about the system development life cycle and how we go from an idea to a full fledged solution. Work with IT resources across the organization to build dynamic solutions that add value and improve user experience. In this role you will be exposed to requirements and functional specifications, you will have an opportunity to design and configure new solutions and ultimately see these solutions available on the Fordham portal.
- Must be a full-time Fordham student in good academic standing
- Reliable quick learner who can work with minimal supervision
- Must uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies
- Ability to interpret business requirements to design new solutions
- Willing to work on a variety of projects
- Computer Science major or programming experience preferred
- Review and interpret functional specifications developed by business analysts. The functional specifications will provide detailed requirements for new solutions.
- Leverage drag and drop technology to design webforms
- Create keywords, data sets, queries and user groups in our content management application to ensure full solution configuration
- Create a series of actions and rules to drive form display
- Configure workflow actions and rules to determine appropriate approval paths based on specified conditions
- Configure automated email notifications
- Create test plans and work with manager to develop appropriate test cases
- Leverage diagnostic tools to troubleshoot solutions during development
- Work closely with the Enterprise Process and Content Services team to ensure solutions are vetted and ready for business owner validation and sign off
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must have access to a Windows workstation or able to travel to the Rose Hill Campus during business hours
- Experience working for an IT organization
- Add technical skills set to your resume and add specific projects to your work portfolio
- Employment references from an IT organization
- Exposure to web design and programming. If interested the resource will be exposed to C# programming and developing data providers to design dashboard solutions.
- Paid training - Access our training site to watch a series of courses on form development and workflow design. Access hands-on-labs to further develop the required skill set.
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.