IT Risk Assistant | RH
DIVISION: IT Security and Assurance
POSITION: IT Risk Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Senior Director of IT Security and Assurance
Information Security and Assurance is responsible for developing and implementing an information security program, including procedures and policies designed to protect University communications, systems, and assets from internal and external threats.
Information Security and Assurance sets the overall direction of information security functions relating to Fordham University; these include IT risk management, security policies, security awareness, incident response, and security architecture. Partnering with the Fordham’s non-IT departments, Information Security and Assurance cultivates relationships with users and department liaisons to set priorities, discuss issues of common concern, and manage expectations.
The IT Risk Assistant will be a resource to Information Security and Assurance by assisting in meeting their goals and priorities. The IT Risk Assistant will work closely with the IT Risk Analysts.
- You must be a registered fulltime student during the year of your appointment.
- You are expected to be and remain in good academic standing.
- Must work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Must be able to work on the Rose Hill campus.
- All IT Risk Assistants are expected to uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
- Students currently enrolled with a concentration in Information Technology or majoring in Computer Science are preferred.
- Good written and data entry skills are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 apps, Google Workspace apps, WordPress, and web design is desirable.
- Assist IT Assurance staff in entering data in systems of record.
- Reconcile and correct differences in multiple databases regarding systems and risks contained therein.
- Modify and maintain webpages containing documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Record and track IT Risks as directed by IT Assurance staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.