COVID-19 Preparedness in London
Information for 2021–2022
Last updated: May 9, 2022
- COVID-19 vaccinations are key to maintaining the safest possible environment for our community.
- Program participants must be “up to date” with their Covid-19 vaccination.
- Students have been asked to arrive at Heathrow Airport on 24 May by 12.00pm for the Summer 2022 term. They will be met by Fordham London staff upon arrival and directed to different forms of transport to their housing, where they will receive their keys.
- Students should review US, UK, and airline guidelines for mask requirements as they travel.
- Students not arriving directly from the United States should notify Fordham London staff to discuss possible quarantine and testing regulations for your arrival.
- Fordham will house students in apartment-style accommodation with shared bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Communal spaces will be cleaned weekly.
- There will be no more than two students per bedroom.
Classes, Classrooms, and Offices
- Classes will be taught in person for Summer 2022 and Fall 2022.
- All classrooms, offices, and the library will have appropriate spacing between desks, following public health guidelines.
- Masks are strongly recommended in busy environments and on public transport.
- Students may be asked to wear masks at Fordham’s London Centre in classes and during program sponsored activities.
- Students will be expected to complete a COVID-19 rapid antigen test upon arrival; this will be provided in your apartment.
- Students will participate in surveillance testing throughout the semester, and will be notified via email.
- Fordham in London will provide additional testing support as needed.
- Students who test positive will enter isolation and follow Fordham London’s Covid Health Protocol.
- London program staff will provide support to students in isolation.
- An initial supply of food items and cleaning supplies will be provided.
- Grocery and food deliveries can be left at the door of the student’s residence. Student Affairs will provide support to ensure that the students are able to access groceries and other supplies.
- Staff will support oversight of isolated students by means of regular check-ins.
- Classes will be delivered remotely to a student in isolation, if the student is well enough to participate.
- Travel outside of the UK will be permitted during Summer 2022 and Fall 2022, subject to the Study Abroad Travel Policy.
- Students must complete the travelregistry.fordham.edu each week.
- Local excursions and other group activities will take place as allowed by local law.
- Students’ independent travel must adhere to local guidelines and restrictions. It is the student’s responsibility to know and comply with these.
- Any inconvenience to the student resulting from independent travel is entirely the responsibility of the student, including the cost of required testing or quarantine, unanticipated travel expenses, or any missed course requirements.
- The London program staff is in regular contact with local authorities and in all cases will follow the directives of those local authorities.
- Fordham London will continue to update Health, Safety, and other policies to incorporate the most updated COVID-19 guidelines from the US and UK governments, Public Health England, the Centers for Disease Control, and university policy.
Return to the United States
- Travelers to the United States must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel.
- After arrival in the US, the CDC recommends getting tested with a COVID-19 viral test 3-5 days after travel.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel