Student Complaint Process

National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)

Fordham University is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). When a relevant complaint cannot be resolved at the University, the student has the option to file the complaint with NC-SARA. In general, States will address violations of state institutional authorization law relative to postsecondary institutions or programs.

Fordham University students should always begin a complaint resolution process with the University.

New York Resident Student Complaint Contact Information

Student complaints not resolved at the institutional level who have followed all grievance procedures and protocols defined by the University, and reside in the state of New York, have the right to file a complaint with the NYS Office of College and University Evaluation. The contact information can be found on the New York State Education Department website.

NC-SARA Student Complaint Process

For the purposes of SARA, a State Portal Entity will address concerns related to distance education activities (online learning, sufficiency of support for distance education students and related activities) from out-of-state students attending a participating SARA institution.

The SARA student complaint process can be found at  

Student Complaints | NC-SARA