On Campus

For F-1 students, on-campus employment is "incident to status." This means that you are allowed to work on campus at any point while you are pursuing your studies and maintaining legal status. On-campus employment is limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session, but may increase to full-time during annual school vacations.

Fordham students may seek on-campus jobs at Rose Hill, Lincoln Center, and Westchester.

If you have received On Campus Employment, you may start the process of applying for a Social Security number using our SSN Online Request.

Office of Student Employment

The office of Student Employment coordinates almost all student positions on campus. We recommend that you sign up in the Office of Student Employment if you are interested in working on-campus.

  • Rose Hill: Thebaud Hall, 1st Floor
  • Lincoln Center: Lowenstein Center Room 203

Note that many student jobs are funded through the federal government’s Work-Study Program, which is only available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents.

Other locations where you may inquire about on-campus jobs:

  • The Modern Language departments (language tutoring)
  • Campus Libraries
  • The Alumni Office (Lincoln Center, Lowenstein room 306)
  • The University Bookstore
  • Student Support Services (Tutoring) (Rose Hill: FMH 201, Lincoln Center: Lowenstein 810)
  • HEOP (Rose Hill: Freeman Hall 102, Lincoln Center: Lowenstein 803C)
  • Academic Advising for Student Athletes (tutoring) (Rose Hill: Keating 111)
  • The Ram Van (must have a valid driver’s license) (Rose Hill: McGinley 241)

If you obtain on-campus employment and you do not have a Social Security Number, you will need to apply for one. To apply for a Social Security Number based on your on-campus employment: