- Ph.D. in Psychology from Carnegie Mellon University. 2013-2018
- B.Sc. in Psychology and B.Sc. in Chemistry from Peking University. 2009-2013
- Mathematical development
- Rational number cognition
- Spatial skills
- STEM outcomes
- PSYC 2010 Research Methods
- Cognitive Development Society
- Mathematical Cognition and Learning Society
Tian, J., Ren, K., Newcombe, N. S., Weinraub, M., Vandell, D. L., & Gunderson, E. A. (2023). Tracing the origins of the STEM gender gap: The contribution of childhood spatial skills. Developmental Science, 26(2), e13302.
Tian, J., Braithwaite, D. W., & Siegler, R. S. (2021). Distributions of textbook problems predict student learning: Data from decimal arithmetic. Journal of Educational Psychology, 113(3), 516.
Tian, J., & Siegler, R. S. (2018). Which type of rational numbers should students learn first?. Educational Psychology Review, 30, 351-372.