Skip to main content

Supporting Student Success

8.2 Office of Disability Services

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) works with students, faculty, and staff to ensure appropriate services for students with disabilities. Fordham University will make reasonable accommodations and provide auxiliary aids and services to assist otherwise qualified persons in achieving access to its programs, services, and facilities in accordance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Faculty must implement the accommodations given by ODS.

Applicants who have been accepted for admission or current students who would like Fordham to accommodate a disability are required to contact the Office of Disability Services at 718-817-0655 to arrange an intake appointment, submit current documentation, and develop their accommodation plan with ODS staff. The Rose Hill office is located on the lower level of O’Hare Hall, and the Lincoln Center office is in Lowenstein 408. When calling, students should specify whether they are a Lincoln Center or Rose Hill student. Students are not eligible to receive academic accommodations until they complete the registration process with ODS.

ODS requests that all faculty members include the following standard statement in each class syllabus in order to increase awareness of the services that ODS provides and encourage students with disabilities to self-identify in order to properly access their accommodations:

“If you are a student with a documented disability and require academic accommodations, please register with the Office of Disability Services for Students (ODS) in order to request academic accommodations for your courses. Please contact the main ODS number at 718-817-0655 to arrange services. Accommodations are not retroactive, so you need to register with ODS prior to receiving your accommodations. Please see me after class or during office hours if you have questions or would like to submit your academic accommodation letter to me if you have previously registered for accommodations.”