Research Ethics Resources
The Center for Ethics Education has a number of resources for researchers, students, faculty and teachers, as well as the general public, including:
Research Ethics Regulations and Guidelines
View our Research Ethics Regulations and Guidelines page for National and International guidelines for protecting participants in HIV prevention research.
Resources for Ethics Education
The Fordham Ethics Center has convened several multidisciplinary meetings with faculty, administrators and students to develop recommendations and resources for teaching. We have also made available lectures from faculty teaching at our HIV and Drug Abuse Prevention Research Ethics Training Institute to inform teaching and ethics education programs.
Research Ethics Scales and Measures
The Fordham Ethics Center, in partnership with the HIV Prevention Research Ethics Training Institute provides continuously-updated evidence-based research ethics resources for investigators who wish to use scales and measures to study all aspects of research ethics, not limited to HIV prevention.
Organization Links and Ethics Codes
Links to numerous government and private organization websites relating to ethics, research, and/or biomedicine are provided.
American Psychological Association Ethics Code - Revised 2010
International Federation of Social Workers
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) at Fordham University
- Office for Human Research Protections
- Secretary's Advisory Committee on Human Research Protections
- American Psychological Association Insurance Trust
- National Bioethics Advisory Commission Publications
- Louis Stein Center for Law and Ethics at Fordham University Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Animal Welfare Information Center
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Institute for Laboratory Animal Research
- National Association for Biomedical Research
- Office for Human Research Protection
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R)
- Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences International Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research Involving Human Subjects
- National Academies of Science Protecting Participants and Facilitating Social and Behavioral Sciences Research (2003)
- Office of Civil Rights Medical Privacy - National Standards to Protect the Privacy of Personal Health Information
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)