Advanced Certificate in Spiritual Direction
This program is offered online or on campus.
The advanced certificate in spiritual direction program is designed to identify the participant's potential for becoming a spiritual director, to assist the participant in discerning a call to this ministry, to formulate a model of spiritual direction and chaplaincy, and to develop the specific skills required to serve as a spiritual director. Graduates of the program serve as high school and college campus ministers, retreat directors, and spiritual directors.
- Learn with our renowned faculty and international students from more than twenty countries.
- Training features both cognitive and applied learning, and includes resource gathering, modeling, discerning, practicing, demonstrating, case preparation, mentoring, reflecting, researching, writing, and supervised fieldwork.
- The curriculum requires satisfactory completion of 5 courses (18 semester credits).
- All courses can be completed online, on campus, and hybrid.
- Spiritual director or companion
- Retreat Direction
- Pastoral ministry
- Prison Ministry
- Campus ministry
- Gainful Employment Disclosure
- See our gainful employment disclosure page.