Advanced Certificate in Data Science for Cybersecurity
With increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks now part of our daily lives, well-trained cybersecurity professionals are needed to respond to fast-changing threats, secure information systems, and protect national infrastructure. However, these professionals must also be adept at accessing, manipulating, and analyzing the enormous amounts of data generated by modern computing systems.
Fordham’s Advanced Certificate in Data Science for Cybersecurity helps to meet this need by ensuring that those entering into the field, as well as existing cybersecurity professionals, establish a solid background in data science and have experience in applying data science methods to cybersecurity problems.
From applied cryptography and blockchain technology to artificial intelligence and data visualization, this distinct certificate program will take students through the fundamentals of both cybersecurity and data science—preparing you to pursue a wider variety of career positions and opportunities for advancement.
- Curriculum requires five courses for a total of 15 credits
- Two of the five courses can be double counted with one of our other programs (M.S. in Cybersecurity, M.S. in Data Science, M.S. in Computer Science, and Ph.D. in Computer Science)
- Students enrolled in the existing M.S. in Cybersecurity program can complete the degree and certificate in two years
- One year program for full-time students only pursuing certificate
- Students may attend on a part-time basis
- In-person, evening courses offered at our Lincoln Center campus in midtown Manhattan
- Rolling admissions