More Accessibility Resources
Basic guidelines for making your pages accessible include:
- Go through W3C's Easy Checklist to quickly check for issues
- Avoid "Click Here": where is here? screenreaders cannot identify link destination.
- Use descriptive link names: i.e. Maps and Directions, Tuition and Fees, Fitness Schedule, etc.
- Do not embed content in images and do not associate colors with direction/location or other important information.
- Once saved as a .jpg or .png screenreaders can no longer identify text.
- Content must be suitable for people who are colorblind.
- Use "Alt/Alternative text": if images do not load automatically, the alt text will appear first.
- Caption all video content.
- Do not use unnecessarily complex language: do not confuse your users.
Check out our website Tips and Tricks.
View Accessibility Tools and Handouts provided by Faculty Technology Services.