Communication and Media Studies
Media with a Mission
Upon graduation from our department’s majors, students will (in no particular order):
- Understand how communication is mediated through technologies, industries and institutions
- Connect the history of communication and media to the present and future
- Grasp the ethical and social justice dimensions of communication and media studies
- Be critical consumers and producers of media content
- Develop competency in research methods specific to their area of study
- Be civically and socially reflective through analytical and applied means.
For students enrolled in the School of Professional and Continuing Studies (PCS), we offer a major in Communication.
We are affiliated with the interdisciplinary major in New Media and Digital Design at Lincoln Center. Courses are available at both the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses.