Master of Arts in Elections and Campaign Management
Influence who’s elected and who governs by taking a leadership role in political campaign management. Fordham’s Elections and Campaign Management degree program will prepare you for senior-level positions and provide all of the tools you’ll need to effectively manage political campaigns.
Our faculty will connect you with top campaigns, consulting and media firms, and other political organizations. You’ll have the opportunity to build impressive professional networks and gain practical experience right here in the hotbed of politics—New York City.
- Designed as a one-year program for full-time students
- Students may attend on a part-time basis
- Evening courses offered at both Lincoln Center and Rose Hill campuses
- Curriculum requires seven core courses, two electives, and a professional-level internship with a political consulting firm or campaign organization
- Technical skills in quantitative analysis, data analytics, and survey research
- Deep understanding of voting behavior, polling, campaign strategy, technology and social media, campaign finance and ethics, and PR and marketing communications
- Courses taught by leading academics and political consultants who have extensive experience in local, state, and national campaigns
- Recent internship placements include Bill de Blasio for NYC Mayor, Michael Bloomberg for NYC Mayor, Hillary Clinton for President, Fox News, and NBC News
Our highly skilled alumni have gone on to work on both sides of the aisle for organizations such as Global Strategies Group, Red Horse Strategies and Hines Digital. And they have branched out both internationally to cities like Paris, Hong Kong, and Madrid, as well as made careers here in our own backyard, working for offices like the Suffolk County Executive and the NY City Council among others.
- Political consultant
- Campaign manager
- Campaign field organizer
- Constituent liaison
- TV news producer
- Research data analyst
- Communications director
- PR consultant