Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development
In the IPED Master of Arts, you will study International Economic Relations and Global Development from an advanced interdisciplinary perspective in New York City with a select group of students. Our students have won a variety of prestigious awards, including Fulbrights, Borens, and other international awards. They have also become Chartered Financial Analyst Scholars, and worked as U.S. Presidential Management Fellows and International Development Fellows. Our program's focus on an advanced interdisciplinary approach is based on a rigorous foundation of analytical skills and combined with practical field experiences in New York and around the world.
- International Banking and Finance
- International Development Studies
- International and Development Economics
- Global Environmental and Resource Economics
- Finance and Development
- Economics and Law
- Careers: More information
- Private Sector: Financial Analysts and Economists
- Public Sector: Policy Analysts and Economists
- Non-Profit Sector: Analysts and Project Managers
- Fordham's IPED Pogram is an affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA).
- We partner with the Peace Corps to offer generous Coverdell Fellowships to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- AmeriCorps has designated Fordham IPED as a National School of Service able to grant matching full tuition Ricci Fellowships to Segal Education Awardees.
- Fordham IPED welcomes Fullbright Fellows from around the world.
- We work closely with the Ateneo de Manila University, the University of Pretoria, and the Alberto Hurtado University to offer programming in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Fordham's Departments of Economics, Political Science, and Sociology founded the IPED Program in 1979 through the generous financial support of the US Department of Education.
Thank You for Supporting the IPED Endowment Fund!
Thanks to your generous support we have more than a quarter of a million dollars in our IPED Endowment Fund. This fund enables our students to pursue internships, language immersion programs, and other field placements which provide invaluable learning experiences outside the classroom to support their career goals of becoming global changemakers. While our 40th anniversary fundraising drive has come to a successful conclusion, we still welcome additional contributions. Please contact us for instructions.
Events - Spring Semester 2023
IPED CAREER DAYS on Ocassional FRIDAYS, 10 am to 4 pm
Cammerosano Conference Room, Room E-530, Dealy Hall. Check the IPED Blog for details or contact the IPED Office at <[email protected]> for more information..
Saturday, January 7 -- 22, 2023 - Trip to South Africa - Study Program on Project Assessment at the Ateneo de Manila University.
Tuesday, March 17 - First Day of Spring Semester.
Monday, March 23 - IPED Office Reopens for Spring Semester
Thursday, March 9 - Banguet to Celebrate 25 Years of Collaboration between Catholic Relief Services and IPED.
Mid March - Alumni Career Networkig Nite
Mid March - First Round of Merit Based Financial Aid Announcements
April 15 - Second Round of Merit Based Financial Aid Announcements Begin