The Communication and Culture (COMC) major requires eleven (11) courses.
- Departmental introductory course: COMM 1000 - Fundamentals of Communication and Media Studies (new) or COMM 1010 - Introduction to Communication and Media Studies
- One Ethics, Law and Policy course.
- Major introductory course: COMC 1101 - Communication and Culture: History, Theory and Methods
- Four courses in one of the three concentrations: Communication Studies, Cultural Studies or Media Studies
- Two courses in each of the remaining two concentrations
Click here for the requirements checklist.
*To become a communication and culture major, a student must demontrate an earned cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better or receive written permission from the associate chair or chair of the department. In addition, no D-grade work will be credited toward the major or minor.
**Double majors may count up to two courses from another major within our department, excluding any course with a COMM designator.