CIS Student Employment and Internship Opportunities
Added June 10, 2019
Entry Level Desktop Engineer, TEKsystems, Inc
The Desktop Delivery Engineer is a key member of the Enterprise Platforms Group within the Information Technology department and will serve in a variety of roles under the direction of the Manager of End User Computing. This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and administration of enterprise operating systems and end user applications.
- Srve as an engineer on platform, software, and application implementation projects.
- Work closely with the Sr. Desktop Delivery Engineer to support and manage the SCCM, AppSense, Health Monitoring, and VDI (both local and virtualized desktop) environments.
- Acquire and employ technical / platform (Windows / Citrix / GPO / SCCM / AppSense / Etc.) knowledge and possess keen research abilities to perform tasks efficiently and independently.
- Deploy enterprise-level software into the environment (both local and virtualized desktop) through extensive analysis, design preparation, and testing.
- Implement enterprise-wide optimized user personalization through thorough research, streamlining, testing and optimization.
- Effectively identify, research, and resolve any defects within a given application, and manage communication and interaction with application vendors for issue resolution.
- Research and test solutions to application technical issues, including using scripting methods to optimize and automate where possible.
- Assist with resolution of escalated incidents and participate in problem management activities.
- Participate in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology. Work with the EUC Manager to chart out the strategy and implementation plan for the EUC roadmap.
- Cross-train other IT staff in the use or maintenance of technology and prepare technical documentation.
Added May 31, 2019
Department Chairperson, Cybersecurity, Miami Dade College
The Department Chairperson provides academic leadership, supervision and strategic development for a comprehensive cybersecurity department that competes on a national level with a cutting edge curriculum that is responsive to current and future industry needs This is a Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC) position for which an annual contract reflecting the base salary within the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30) will be issued after ratification by Miami Dade College's District Board of Trustees.
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of relevant work experience in managing and directing corporate programs
- All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of instructional systems development, training methods, techniques and formats
- Knowledge of the requirements of accreditation agencies
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Skill in budget preparation and management
- Skill in computer applications
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
Added May 15, 2019
2019 Fall Internship: Editorial, Managing Editorial, Production, Penguin Random House LLC
Who We Are
Our dedicated team of publishing professionals is committed to helping authors realize their very best work and to finding innovative new ways of bringing stories and ideas to audiences worldwide. Find your story in our books!
Penguin Random House offers 10-week PAID internship opportunities available in our adult, children’s, and corporate divisions. Interns are exposed to the publishing process and our business through panels, networking events, and even brown bag lunches throughout the semester! Fall interns work for 14 hours per week.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter using our online application process. In your cover letter, please indicate the top departments you are interested in and if you have a preference for working within an adult or children's imprint or if you are particularly interested in any genre(s).
**If you are interested in a department not in this listing, you are encouraged to submit your application to more than one posting.**
Application Deadline: August 2, 2019
Acquires, negotiates, develops, and edits book projects for publication. Editors negotiate contracts, edit the books for content, structure and on a line-by-line basis, and collaborate with internal departments on how to package, market, and publicize the book.
Manage in-house editorial process of making manuscripts into bound books. The department is responsible for maintaining and modifying the production schedules, hiring and overseeing the work of freelancers (typesetters, copy editors, proofreaders), and proofreading and routing jackets and manuscripts.
Oversees the pre-press and manufacturing process from manuscript to bound book. The team works with outside printers, book manufacturers, and other vendors to produce our books within the desired timeframe and budget.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Added May 3, 2019
Fordham Foundry paid startup internship
Send your resume to email@example.com.
Added May 3, 2019
Cybersecurity Analyst. Related Hudson Yards Manager, 10 Hudson Yards
Related Hudson Yards Manager is the brain, heart, and soul of Hudson Yards. Just as Hudson Yards is transforming the world’s most spectacular skyline, Related Hudson Yards Manager is reimagining community. We are a collaborative force driven by expertise, ingenuity, and passion. We pay attention to our tenants in a way that shatters tradition. We understand who they need us to be and where they need us to be even before they do. Equipped with an ever-expanding range of amenities and resources, we strive to help our tenants be productive and happy. Wherever we are today, we are committed to be in a better place tomorrow. Where do we draw the line? We don’t.
This opportunity is to join and grow in the Related Hudson Yards Cyber Security team. You will make an impact on defending our corporate networks from advanced and targeted attacks. This position supports the CyberSecurity Director, our on-site Command Center along with the Hudson Yards Team.
The Cyber Security Analyst will interface daily with our various security service providers along with the security tools employed by our business. You will need to be well organized, reliable, a strong communicator, detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, be confident working in a team or independently, and comfortable in the handling of confidential information. The role involves regular interaction with various business units and leadership within the organization in order to accomplish job responsibilities.
Working under the direction of the Director of CyberSecurity, the successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the following activities:
- Day-to-day operational tasks related to the ongoing support of CyberSecurity Team.
- Responsible reviewing incident life cycles, handoff’s, escalation, and providing support during cyber incidents.
- Monitoring and reporting the tracking and assignment on tickets and events referred to the Cyber Security Team.
- Capable of analyzing potential threats from multiple sources and maintaining detailed reports on all analysis and subsequent activity.
- Responsible for creating filters, reports, dashboards, and alerts in support of the Cyber Security mission.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of existing playbooks and runbooks.
- The Cybersecurity Analyst, must be proficient in a wide range of technologies, knowledgeable as to industry “best practices” in the day-to-day operations of a large organization and able to communicate even subtle details of the above to Information Risk & Security Team and to the organization. The Information Risk & Security Team is responsible for the developing, delivering, enforcing and monitoring of security control procedures and policies. The role requires the ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule in accommodating the role’s responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in information security.
- Experience with the penetration testing process and techniques.
- Working knowledge in scripting; Python, Powershell, and Unix Shell scripts.
- Familiarity and technical capabilities working with Industrial Control Systems, Building Management Systems, and Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Demonstrated experience working in information security, including compliance, assurance, and/or other security best practices and principles
- Technical capabilities/experience with firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Security Operations Center and Cisco networking experience preferred.
- Experience and comfort with stakeholder management and communications at the senior management level
- Proven ability to effectively work with team members and business stakeholders across diverse roles and experience levels
- Analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
The successful candidate will also be comfortable working in a matrixed environment and will display a proactive approach to problem-solving. A creative mind, excellent interpersonal skills, and sense of humor are a must for this position!
Added April 17, 2019
LAAS (Toulouse, France) is offering several positions for Post-Doc (one year renewable) and Doctoral fellowships (three years) in Robotics and AI with a focus on:
- Task and Motion planning for mobile and/or flying robots
- Learning and Decision making for Human-Robot Collaboration
- Robot Software validation and verification in the context of Human-Robot Collaboration
- Ph.D. (for Post-Docs) or a Master degree (for PhDs) in Robotics and AI, Human-robot Interaction, Cognitive Robotics, Task and Motion Planning or closely related topics
- Excellent academic track record with publications
- Very good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong background in one of the following: AI, Algorithmics, Planning, Machine-Learning
- Strong programming skills
- Skill to analyze and improve algorithms
- Ability to work as a teammate with other researchers
Familiarity with systems and tools such as ROS, Linux, and Git is a plus.
Position Starting Date: September 2019 (negotiable)
No application deadline: continual assessment of candidates and hiring until all positions are filled.
Apply by email to Rachid.Alami@laas.fr
- Letter of motivation
- Your full CV (Nationality, Date of Birth, English level, scientific publications)
- Recommendations Letters
Added April 5, 2019
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) offers new college graduates a wide range of career opportunities in computer science and software engineering. As a new team member, you will work alongside the best and brightest in your field and make critical contributions to our nation's most critical challenges, right from the start. Located in Laurel, Maryland.
Typical entry-level positions include (but are certainly not limited to):
Develop software prototypes and innovative algorithms for analyzing large-scale and complex data. Design and develop large-scale graph architectures to support analytic algorithms.
Develop scientific algorithms and application software for novel RF signal exploitation and communications for the special operations and intelligence community.
Intelligent Systems Software Engineer
Define and develop prototypes to address research questions and critical challenges in the area of intelligent systems, including the areas of autonomy, machine learning, and brain-computer interfaces.
Modeling and Simulation Software Developer
Design and develop modeling and simulation (M&S) software applications, support analysis of radio frequency (RF) systems and electronic warfare M&S projects.
Define and develop customized cybersecurity solutions for complex defense systems. Participate in cyber threat definition, risk assessment, and testing of advanced defense technology.
Autonomous Systems Software Engineer
Design and develop software and algorithms to support operation of unmanned vehicles, sensors, and autonomous systems.
Determine the system needed to solve a given problem in an effective and economical way; represent systems by mathematical models for evaluation and parametric definition; integrate system parameters; perform dynamic analysis of closed-loop control systems; develop and conduct experiments with prototype components, subsystems, and total systems.
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
GPA of 3.0 or higher (on 4.0 scale).
Less than one year of full-time professional experience.
U.S. citizenship will be required for most positions. Because government security clearance is required for most positions, selected applicants must meet eligibility requirements, which include U.S. citizenship.
Note: When prompted to upload attachments, please include a resume and copy your college transcripts (unofficial is fine).
At the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), we bring world-class expertise and game-changing impact to our nation's most critical defense, security, space, and science challenges. Our team members enjoy a wide selection of meaningful and challenging work, generous benefits, and flexible work schedules. At APL, we encourage all staff members to pursue work/life balance and engage in life-long learning. To learn more about careers at APL, please visit http://www.jhuapl.edu/employment/.
Apply to Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Applications close on August 23, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Added March 28, 2019
Walsh Library, Rose Hill is seeking a paid Evening Support Staffer
- Assist faculty and students in using Electronic Information Center (EIC) resources.
- Support the EIC during the evening/weekend period.
- Supervise EIC service desk operations (check materials and equipment in/out, place materials on Reserve, monitor event schedule, collect fines, answer patron questions).
- Supervise student workers in the EIC and in the first-floor computer lab.
- Provide technical assistance to patrons and staff using library computers.
- Provide technical assistance for events held in EIC viewing rooms, conference rooms, computer labs, and the Flom auditorium.
- Assist in upgrades and configuration changes to Library computers.
- Report system problems to University Help Desk and Library on-call engineer.
- Scan and upload material to the Library’s Digital Collections and Research Repository systems.
- Close the EIC according to established guidelines regarding what is left on, turned off, locked and unlocked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required. B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Prior academic library experience preferred; experience with collection analysis/de-selection functions helpful
- Ability to train, motivate and oversee student assistants necessary
- Must have strong interpersonal skills; work well with others; and communicate professionally with colleagues and University community
- Knowledge of Library of Congress classification system, or ability to learn, essential
- Familiarity with PCs and Windows software required; familiarity with automated library functions preferred.
Hours: Hours vary.
Start Date: ASAP
Contact: Send letter and resume to Michael Considine, Director, Electronic Information Center, Walsh Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
Added March 25, 2019
Summer Jobs Available on Campus with Fordham IT
Fordham IT hires graduate and undergraduate students to work part-time on campus for various departments within IT. All jobs offer hourly wages and do not include work-study programs. Internship applicants may need to possess certain skills in order to be considered. Training is offered for all base positions.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year for every position. Below are the job descriptions for all student positions within IT. The status of the position is listed for the current semester only. All positions can be applied for and applications will be kept on file for future consideration for positions that are currently closed.
To apply: After carefully reviewing the job description, click the apply link at the bottom of the listing. You may use the same application to apply for up to 3 positions, in order of preference.
Quadrant 2 has a rare opening for a rock star Junior Full Stack Developer in our Manhattan office.
We launched Quadrant 2 twenty-three years ago to provide solutions to the Enterprise but we found a niche – and our calling – in working closely with progressive and civil rights organizations. We are best known for our mobile panic button, video bystanders and smart chat apps used by organizations such as Occupy Wall Street, the ACLU, OUR Walmart, and LatinoJustice.
Our solutions have impact. They have empowered citizens to exercise their rights to assemble, petition and protest; exposed the excesses of law enforcement; documented voter intimidation at the polls; and recorded the harassment of immigrants at the hands of ICE and Border Patrol. Our staff is encouraged to both collaborate as a team and to work autonomously, taking ownership of projects according to ability and passion. If you want to use your talent towards purpose-driven work, one that rewards risk and innovation, let’s talk!
Our Senior Full Stack Software Engineer must have 3 years of experience supporting mobile applications. You’ll be joining a specialized team working on a wide array of projects across various platforms. Our applicant must be comfortable jumping into existing projects and as well as starting new ones. Prior experience with our tech stack is valued, as well as the ability to learn and pick up new skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Native iOS and/or Android development
- Google Firebase and Amazon Cloud Services
- At least three years of experience as a software developer
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong team player
- Unsatiated curiosity to continuously learn new skills
Preferable Interest/Experience in one or more of the following:
- AI and ML platforms like IBM Watson, Tensorflow
- Mobile Video Streaming
- IBM's Watson Search Services including Elasticsearch and SOLR
Quadrant 2’s Culture:
Quadrant 2 is a small team that creates big things. Since our projects are often in response to systemic problems – and sometimes urgent crises – our work environment is fast-paced, challenging, and fulfilling. Our involvement creating WorkIt -- a virtual union rep for Walmart’s 1.3 million employees -- reminded us how crucial it is to develop a work environment – no matter how large or small – where employees are treated with respect, compensated fairly, and provided with the opportunity to excel and advance. We work closely together on a daily basis, valuing flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to shift between projects. Every member of our team is expected to contribute in meaningful ways that make an impact on the projects that they’re working on.
Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision. We provide 100% for individual insurance.
Quadrant 2 is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace candidates of any background and place a premium on different backgrounds and perspectives. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
In your cover letter tell us what intrigues you most about this position.
- What is the one experience that shows us that you’re ready on Day One?
- If you’ve been working in a commercial space and want to pivot to social justice, let us know your thoughts on leveraging your experience for social good.
- Send us links to your LinkedIn, GitHub, and attach your resume.
Email address: email@example.com
Intelligent Automation, Inc. (Rockville, MD, USA) has the following job openings. If you are interested, please see the individual job descriptions below, and apply through the links provided in the sections.
Research Scientist: Robotics, Dynamic Systems, and Control
Software Engineer: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics
Robotics Engineer: Embedded Systems, Human-Machine Interface, Machine Vision
1. Research Scientist: Robotics, Dynamic Systems, and Control
The Robotics and Electromechanical Systems (REMS) group at Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) has an open full-time position for a Research Scientist. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is interested in advancing state-of-the-art robotics technologies. At IAI, you will be working with multi-disciplinary teams of research scientists, engineers, and project managers to develop custom solutions to various challenging problems in the fields of Robotics, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
Research Scientist - Robotics, Dynamic Systems, and Control (Rockville, MD)
We can only accept applicants that are either US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (Green Card).
To apply this position, follow this link and submit the form.
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging robotic control problems that the REMS group is working on
- Support ongoing research projects by collaboratively conducting trade studies, designing and implementing functional systems, testing and demonstrating the capabilities, and writing reports
- Support capturing of next robotics funding opportunities by collaboratively producing and submitting proposals that are unique and very innovative
Required Education and Experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering (Dynamics and Control), Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on robotic control problems in a research laboratory environment
- Programming experience using a physics engine such as ODE, Bullet, etc.
- Programming experience using ROS and/or a similar robotic control framework
- Solid understanding of kinematics and dynamics
- Solid understanding of probabilistic robotics
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to implement prototype software algorithms based on conference/journal publications
- Proficient technical writing and strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of machine learning including deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Solid understanding of classical artificial intelligence and behavior-based robotics
- Experience with a robotics simulation framework such as Gazebo, Unity, and AirSim
- Publication of peer-reviewed technical papers
2. Software Engineer: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics
The Robotics and Electromechanical Systems (REMS) Group at Intelligent Automation, Inc. (IAI) has an open full-time position for a Software Engineer. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a desire to participate in rewarding research by developing image and video analysis software tools. You will be working with the multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers in the REMS Group to develop custom solutions for our customers in the fields of Robotics, Autonomy, Human-Machine Interface, AI, and Electromechanical System Integration. We have numerous active research and development projects where we design, integrate, test, and deploy systems for a range of applications, including aircraft inspection, ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance), utility construction, medical training, IED/EOD operations, and simulation. We are looking to add expertise and talent to continue to achieve success in all of these areas. The desired candidate will have experience in computer vision and machine learning, particularly in the areas of object detection, classification, and tracking, along with a solid background in object-oriented programming.
Software Engineer - Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics (Rockville, MD)
Applicant must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card)
To apply this position, follow this link and submit the form.
- Design, develop, and integrate software algorithms, modules, and prototypes for computer vision applications
- Develop software to train and use machine learning frameworks
- Utilize and/or modify existing code bases and libraries; create and shape new functionality.
- Write prototype software to interface and test libraries, sensors, hardware, and external systems
- Conduct testing and evaluation of modules, systems, and products
- Support multiple research teams of project managers, engineers, and research scientist
Required Experience and Education:
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related field
Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in research, engineering, or research and development, including internships and extracurricular projects
- Solid understanding of software engineering and object-oriented programming
- Proficiency in C++, MATLAB, and Python
- Minimum 2 years of experience with computer vision techniques such as object recognition, segmentation, and classification
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning
- Ability to write clean, efficient, well-documented code
- Proficient technical writing and strong communication skills
- Familiarity with computer vision software libraries, including OpenCV
- Knowledge of multi-threaded applications and memory management
- Experience with working with libraries and APIs, such as Boost, PCL, OpenNI
- Parallel processing experience such as GPU programming with CUDA or OpenCL
- Experience with hardware device interfacing, USB, GigE, CameraLink, and GPIO
- Experience with GUI and Graphics tools such as MFC, Qt, OpenGL,
- Unity, or others
- Experience developing with networking architectures such as TCP/IP,
- ROS, LCM, Sockets, or others
- Experience with programming tools such as Visual Studio, Eclipse,
- Subversion, Git
- Knowledge of optics design
- Software debugging skills
- Strong background in math and physics
To see other openings at IAI, please visit our website.
Added February 6, 2019
Data Science and Visual Analytics Fellowship with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
An opportunity is available at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Public Health Strategy and Analysis (OPHSA) in Silver Spring, Maryland.
FDA is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation of a wide range of products including medical products, food, and tobacco. OPHSA is located in the Office of Policy, Planning, Legislation, and Analysis, in the Office of the Commissioner. OPHSA serves as a resource to the Agency for quantitative and qualitative research and analysis on emerging issues and for advancing work on priority public health initiatives. OPHSA does this through its work on initiatives such as opioids, drug pricing, and transparency, as well as by developing and executing research to link agency activities and outputs to public health outcomes.
Under the guidance of a mentor, potential training projects for OPHSA ORISE fellows include:
- Developing visual analytical dashboards in Python, Qlik Sense, or Tableau;
- data analysis of complex, large relational datasets in Python or other analytical tools. As part of these projects, the candidate will be required to script ad-hoc and novel solutions in Python, for example, management of PostgreSQL databases and interacting with web services for data calls.
In addition and under the guidance of a mentor, Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- Analytical visualizations of data from National Poison Control Centers
FDA uses consolidated data from all poison control centers in the US to better understand the potential harm experienced by millions of Americans following exposure to drugs, dietary supplements, or other substances regulated by the Agency. The fellow will have opportunities to increase their understanding of the process to undertake the improvement of an existing visual analytical platform, with real-time data updates, for Agency-wide use deployed on AWS cloud.
- Analysis and visualization of FDA approved first generic drugs and their impact on competition and pricing Fellows will assist established FDA personnel in data analysis (and visual analytics) for a multi-phase study that seeks to determine the characteristics and marketing status of all first generics approved by FDA since 2010, as well as their impact on generic drug competition and pricing.
The qualified candidate must have received a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree in computer science, data science, or related fields. Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date.
This opportunity is available to U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and foreign nationals.
The FDA is actively reviewing applications and is looking to fill positions as soon as qualified applicants are identified.
For a full description of this opportunity and to submit your application, visit the application page.
If you have any questions, please send an email to FDArpp@orau.org.
Opportunity for Computer Science Students
Local entrepeneurs from Care Compare are looking for students famliar with SQL, Python, and Scrappy. The project centers on the intersection of healthcare and computer science and provides a chance for valuable experience. This is a PAID opportunity in a growing business and it requires a familiarty with web scraping and web crawling. Contact details are below. Simply state that you are responding to the posting.
Embedded Software Intern at Facebook
We are seeking an Embedded Software (Firmware) Intern to support development of ASICs custom-designed for computer vision and machine learning. The successful candidate will be part of a team that includes algorithm, user experience, software, firmware and silicon experts. This is a summer intern position based in either our Redmond, WA or Menlo Park, CA offices.
- Embedded system firmware development for platforms under development for AR\VR products
- Debug hardware design using bench top tools
- Build test infrastructure and tests in Python
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of internship
- Experience coding in C/C++, Python and basic understanding of hardware/EE
- Experience with lab instrumentation like oscilloscope, logic/protocol analyzers for debugging embedded systems at HW level
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as UART, SPI, CSI-2, i2c, GPIO, USB