Registration for Visiting Students
Visiting Students or College Graduates Taking an Undergraduate Course
- Register Online (U.S. mailing addresses only)
- This registration process requires payment by credit card.
- As part of this form, you will have the option to apply for housing, for which you will need to submit proof of good standing at an American university. Letters from your dean/adviser or your unofficial transcript may be sent separately to email@example.com. Housing is subject to availability, so we encourage you to apply early. The deadline for applications requesting housing is March 30; the deadline for applications without housing requests is May 16 for Session I classes and June 20 for Session II classes.
- Complete the printable registration and housing pdf forms for mailing with check or credit card payments (recommended for students using tuition remission and international students).
- You may also register in person by visiting the Office of Summer Session after March 15 (Keating 315 at Rose Hill, or Lowenstein 301 at Lincoln Center).
Note: All high-school students looking to take an undergraduate course must apply to the Pre-College Program.
Upon receiving your registration and payment, the Office of Summer Session will register you for the course(s) you have selected. If there are any problems, you will be contacted via email or telephone. You can expect to receive an ID card and information packet at your permanent address in 10-14 days after our receipt of your registration.
To comply with New York State Public Health Law 2165, students registering for six or more credits in a session will be asked to provide proof of immunization.
Students not matriculated at any institution may be asked to present evidence that they can do satisfactory course work to obtain approval of the dean of the Summer Session in order to register.
Please call 718-817-4665 if you have any questions.
Undergraduate Approval from Home School
Enrollment for the Summer Session is open to non-matriculated students; however, approval to take a summer class does not imply admission to any school within the University.
To ensure that credits earned over the summer at Fordham may be transferred, students matriculated at other colleges are encouraged to obtain written approval from their home school before registering. Once course work is completed and a grade is assigned, the student should request that an official transcript be sent to his/her home university. Please see the sub-section "Transcripts" at the Policies and Procedures for instructions.
High School Seniors
For high school seniors (and in exceptional cases, juniors) from accredited secondary schools: A recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor is required along with a one-page expository writing sample. The letter of recommendation should confirm that the student is maintaining a GPA. of 3.0 or higher. Please refer to our Pre-College Program description for more details.
Non-Degree/ Non-Matriculated New Graduate Students
Students who wish to take courses for enrichment, or while making the decision to apply for admission, or while application is pending): approval to take a course must be secured from the appropriate department or division in which it is offered. Submit the online application and send a copy of your transcripts to Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Admissions - Keating 216 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application will be reviewed and the department will send their recommendations to the Admissions Office. Students will receive an email notification of the decision. All graduates of approved colleges and universities are eligible. Please call 718-817-4416 with questions.