The Conversation Exchange Program
The Conversation Exchange Program (CXP) provides international graduate business students who have English as a second language with interactive and authentic ways to connect with American native speakers to build confidence, improve their conversational skills, and adapt to American culture while building global relationships.
CXP is open to all graduate students at the Gabelli School of Business who are looking to connect with Americans outside of the classroom, expand their network, and enhance their English communication skills.
How does the program work?
- Submit an online application.
- Attend a short mandatory online orientation session.
- Get introduced to your conversation partner via email.
- Meet virtually with your language partner for 1 hour a week for the duration of the semester.
Who will your communication exchange partner be?
You will be teamed up with a native English speaker who is interested in supporting international students who speak English as a second language. Our volunteers come from all walks of life, from graduate students like you to professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The Conversation Exchange Program provides a unique opportunity for participants to:
- Improve your English listening and conversational speaking skills.
- Enhance your cross-cultural competence and knowledge.
- Share unique experiences and perspectives.
- Make new American friends.
Get matched with a partner
Are you interested in being matched with a conversation partner? Complete an application and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. APPLY NOW
Volunteer as a Partner
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer and supporting students to build confidence in their English skills? VOLUNTEER NOW
Note: Conversation partners are not teachers nor tutors; they provide students with opportunities to practice their conversational English in an informal setting.