Skip to main content

Renewing Your Visa

Before you travel outside of the U.S., you should always check if your visa is still valid. If your visa has expired, you need to get a new visa from a U.S. consulate or embassy outside of the U.S. You can’t renew your visa inside the U.S.

If you already hold a valid I-20 from Fordham, you will not be required to get another I-20 to renew your visa.

For information on what documents you need to prepare for visa application, please visit You should also visit the website of the U.S. consulate you plan to apply at to find out how to apply.