The mission of the Gabelli School of Business is to inspire and empower positive global change, developing students into compassionate business leaders and supporting faculty and students in the ongoing generation of new knowledge.
The Gabelli School of Business will be recognized as the worldwide leader in socially conscious business education. It will enjoy a strong reputation for generating knowledge through research and disseminating it to the next generation through inspired, innovative teaching. The school will leverage its rigorous academics, global outlook, New York City location, and Jesuit heritage to educate students in all business disciplines with the mindsets and capabilities that enable business to move society forward.
- We value the generation of new ideas through scholarship informed by the principles of rigorous investigation, creativity, freedom of inquiry, and measurable impact on the professions, academic disciplines, and students we serve.
- We value excellence in teaching and we strive, in the Jesuit tradition, to create a school environment that contributes to each student’s development as a whole person.
- We believe that business has a responsibility to contribute to the good of society in ways greater than profit. We provide our students with experiences that will help them come to that conclusion for themselves and go on to practice it in their own lives and careers.
- We recognize the unique opportunities inherent in our New York City location and value the city’s diversity of peoples and cultures, reflecting a microcosm of the wider world that our students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to explore and better understand.
- We value strong character and a clear sense of personal values, and we provide a venue in which different faith and philosophical traditions may interact with one another to foster students’ critical thinking about what they believe and how they should conduct their lives and business careers.
The Gabelli School of Business shares the numerous accreditations of Fordham University, which is also a member of the Middle States Association of Colleges and is registered by the Board of Regents of the State of New York.
Degree-granting programs offered at the Gabelli School are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This global, nonprofit membership organization includes educational institutions, businesses, and other entities devoted to the advancement of management education. Established in 1916, AACSB provides internationally recognized accreditation for undergraduate, master's, and doctoral programs.
AACSB accreditation is known worldwide as the longest-standing, most-recognized form of specialized, professional accreditation that an institution and its business programs can earn.