M.A. in Philosophy and Society Learning Goals
The learning goals for the graduate training of men in Jesuit formation center on the following:
- understanding and appreciating the complexities of the human condition, and developing the language skills and sensitivities to evangelize culture in a global context;
- analyzing structures and developments in society and culture, especially those that are relevant to faith, justice, religious pluralism, and ecological issues in light of the Society's Catholic tradition;
- understanding, through an encounter with important texts, how thinkers and cultures have sought to respond to fundamental questions and dimensions of human and social existence;
- acquiring a methodology for continually reflecting on changing contexts of mission;
- transforming conflict and faciliting dialogue with different faith traditions; and
- fostering the leadership and management skills needed to lead and collaborate with diverse groups in a rapidly changing world.