It's a Small World: Global Finance & Trade in the 21st Century
For High School Students
Get a head start on your study of finance.
The Gabelli School of Business is pleased to announce a brand new finance program. This program is designed for students interested in learning more about global financial markets and global investment opportunities.
- Learn global finance fundamentals over the course of just one week
- Get exclusive access to a global firm and interact with top business executives in NYC
Global Finance areas of focus
- Overview: History of the post-war era to globalization
- Foreign Exchange (F/X): The gold standard, fiat currency, F/X markets
- Global Finance: Investing in foreign stocks, managing a multinational business, and attracting foreign investment
- Global Trade: Trade imbalances. tariffs, and effects on the global economy
- Future Trends: Globalization (positive and negatives), emerging markets and Brexit
- Jim Gannon, Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI)
Who should attend?
- Any high school student interested in learning more about global finance.
- Any high school student curious about managing his or her own finances
Timeline and location
- July 19-July 23 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (short breaks and 1.5 lunch break)
Due to the current circumstances related to COVID-19, the program will be offered in a virtual/online format this summer via Zoom. For more details, please feel free to contact financeinstitute@
- It's a Small World: Global Finance & Trade in the 21st Century Registration for the summer 2021 program is now available
- Registration requests received before April 1 will receive priority
Note: This program does not carry academic credit and is not a substitute for FNBU 3444, FNBU 4450 or any other courses offered by Fordham University
A $50 deposit is required when applying to the program
The program cost is $900 ($850 remaining after $50 deposit). The fee balance and signed program agreement are due within one (1) week of the notification of acceptance to the program.
A limited number of need-based discounts are available and can be requested via the standard application. Need-based discount applications must be submitted by April 1.
- Program fee and deposit are fully refundable prior to May 1
- 80% refund will be issues between May 1-May 31, inclusive
- Program fee is non-refundable beginning June 1