Fordham College at Lincoln Center is a close-knit, intellectual, and creative community of faculty and students located in the heart of Manhattan, and conducted in the Jesuit and Catholic traditions of education.
Our Learning Goals
- To think critically
- To write precisely
- To speak effectively
- To work cooperatively
In order to live authentically
- The learning goals are addressed through successful completion of the core curriculum.
- The core curriculum is distributed over the student’s four years at the College.
- The goals are more directly addressed in a series of four sequential Eloquentia Perfecta seminars that culminate in a senior-year values seminar.
- The seminars are special sections of regular college courses taught by full-time faculty members and limited to 19 students.
- In addition to the course materials, the four learning goals are directly addressed.
- A faculty committee addresses assessment of the Eloquentia Perfecta program by tracing the development of individual students’ work over the four seminars.
- Fordham College at Lincoln Center is home to almost 2000 diverse students.
- Our students come from across the country and around the world.
- We welcome transfer students, who receive credit for prior coursework.
- Our students gain entry to top medical, dental, law, and graduate schools.
- Our student-scholars have won prestigious national fellowships, including Truman, Marshall, and Fulbright.
- Many live on campus, in the heart of Lincoln Center, in two modern high-rises with more than 1,200 beds and home to an array of residential education programs.
- Commuting students are active participants in the life of the college and serve as guides to the city.
- Our faculty embody our Cura personalis philosophy—caring for the whole student—body, mind, and soul.
- Our outstanding student-faculty ratio is 12-1.
- Our full-time faculty of approximately 145 are established scholars, researchers, and authors in a wide range of academic disciplines. Others are artists, including painters, photographers, filmmakers, poets, composers, and Obie-winning actors and directors. Adjunct professors bring special professional expertise.
- 96% of the full-time faculty hold the PhD or other terminal degree.
- Alumni have held over 25 Fullbright Fellowships in the last 15 years.
- Many alumni attend outstanding medical, dental, law, graduate, and other professional schools across the United States and abroad.
- In the past nine years, alumni have won nine Broadway Tony awards
- Our alumni work in a range of fields, including media, theatre, dance, finance, education, medicine, technology, ministry and public service.
- Our Alumni support the college in many diverse ways including mentoring and hiring Fordham students through career services programs and serving as trusted advisors.