Fordham College at Lincoln Center is a close-knit, intellectual, and creative community of faculty and students located in the heart of Manhattan, and conducted in the Jesuit and Catholic traditions of education.
Our Learning Goals
- To think critically
- To write precisely
- To speak effectively
- To work cooperatively
In order to live authentically
- The learning goals are addressed through successful completion of the core curriculum.
- The core curriculum is distributed over the student’s four years at the College.
- The goals are more directly addressed in a series of four sequential Eloquentia Perfecta seminars that culminate in a senior-year values seminar.
- The seminars are special sections of regular college courses taught by full-time faculty members and limited to 19 students.
- In addition to the course materials, the four learning goals are directly addressed.
- A faculty committee addresses assessment of the Eloquentia Perfecta program by tracing the development of individual students’ work over the four seminars.
- Fordham College at Lincoln Center is home to almost 2000 diverse students.
- Our students come from across the country and around the world.
- We welcome transfer students, who receive credit for prior coursework.
- Our students gain entry to top medical, dental, law, and graduate schools.
- Our student-scholars have won prestigious national fellowships, including Truman, Marshall, and Fulbright.
- Many live on campus, in the heart of Lincoln Center, in two modern high-rises with more than 1,200 beds and home to an array of residential education programs.
- Commuting students are active participants in the life of the college and serve as guides to the city.
- Our faculty embody our Cura personalis philosophy—caring for the whole student—body, mind, and soul.
- Our outstanding student-faculty ratio is 12-1.
- Our full-time faculty of approximately 145 are established scholars, researchers, and authors in a wide range of academic disciplines. Others are artists, including painters, photographers, filmmakers, poets, composers, and Obie-winning actors and directors. Adjunct professors bring special professional expertise.
- 96% of the full-time faculty hold the PhD or other terminal degree.
- FCLC Alumni have held over 38 Fulbright Fellowships in the last 20 years as well as many other prestigious fellowships including Coro, Urban Fellows, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Fellowship, and Critical Language Scholarships.
- Many alumni attend outstanding medical, dental, law, graduate, and other professional schools across the United States and abroad.
- In the past nine years, alumni have won nine Broadway Tony awards
- Our alumni work in a range of fields, including media, theatre, dance, finance, education, medicine, technology, ministry and public service.
- Our Alumni support the college in many diverse ways including mentoring and hiring Fordham students through career services programs and serving as trusted advisors.