Dean's Summer Research Grant
- Must be a junior or senior at Fordham College at Lincoln Center during the Fall of 2019
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A concrete and viable proposal of 2-3 pages (see below for details)
- The agreement of a faculty member to mentor the research project
- An evaluation of the project by the prospective faculty mentor
- A copy of student’s transcript (unofficial version, printed from Banner)
Proposals must include:
- A brief (300 words or fewer) synopsis of the project, clearly identifying its purpose and the question or issue to be investigated
- A brief (200 words or fewer) statement of the relevance of the project to long-term educational or career goals
- An eight-week schedule, breaking down the project into its component parts and estimating how many hours will be required for each part. The schedule should indicate whether the student would have part-time work or any other demands on his/her time during the research period.
- A budget for the project, including housing or commuting expenses, living expenses, travel expenses if research requires a trip outside of New York City, and any other costs associated with research (e.g., materials; photocopying or printing; library, archive or museum entrance fees, etc.), up to a maximum of $3,500.
- Friday, March 1, 2019
The mentor will submit the faculty evaluation form separately. If you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com.