Women's Philanthropy Summit
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Transforming Today, Safeguarding Tomorrow
From our families to our communities, from our workplaces to our world, women's philanthropy creates positive change and preserves the things we love. At Fordham's third annual Women's Philanthropy Summit, we came together to expand our capacity for both.
2019 Keynote Speakers
Rose Marie Bravo, CBE, TMC ’71: From the Bronx to Buckingham Palace
Rose Marie Bravo held leadership positions in several major fashion businesses—including Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue—before joining Burberry. In her time as CEO (1997–2006), she is credited with transforming the classic brand and greatly expanding its markets.
Valerie Rainford, FCRH ’86: Paying It Forward: A Journey of Resilience and Giving Back
Valerie Rainford is head of advancing black leaders and diversity advancement strategies at JPMorgan Chase. She is also an award-winning author and speaker who dedicates her life to uplifting others by sharing her incredible story of perseverance.
2019 Panels and Workshops
- The Life Cycle of Philanthropy: Planning and Gifting Vehicles for Charitable Giving
- Values-Based Leadership: How Jesuit Education Enriches Leadership
- A View from the Top: Reflections on Success and Coaching the Next Generation of Women Leaders
- Imposter Syndrome: Embrace (Don’t Erase) Your Accomplishments
- Guide Your Career (Not the Other Way Around)
New Giving Circles for 2019
We added three new Giving Circles to our suite of options to help focus your philanthropy on additional areas of need and impact at the University: