Please refer to the information below as it relates to the employee process:
- Ensure that your contact information (both your smartphone and email address) is current in the Employee Profile section of my.fordham.edu.
- The Office of Human Resources Management will have the list of employees who have been cleared to return to campus.
- If you do not self-certify daily (including weekends and holidays), you will be logged out of your account. In order to activate the daily questionnaires, simply respond to the most recent one you received, or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and request your account to be reactivated.
- The information that you provide to VitalCheck is protected in accordance with HIPAA. However, you will be asked to give your consent to share COVID-19 related data to the Office of Human Resources Management for clearance to return to work.
- The Office of Human Resources Management will be notified by VitalCheck if you are not immediately cleared, in order to begin contact tracing, if required.
- If you do not want to use the services of the VitalCheck physicians, the Office of Human Resources Management will accept a medical clearance through your personal physician. Please email your COVID-19 medical clearance document to email@example.com. In order to ensure the privacy of your medical information, please use your fordham.edu email to send your medical clearance. Communications between fordham.edu email addresses are secure and encrypted. If you choose to email your medical information from your personal email, please visit Fordham’s Email Encryption website and follow the instructions to safeguard your information.
When will I begin to receive the daily VitalCheck COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire?
You will receive the daily VitalCheck COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire via your smartphone and your personal email prior to the date that you will be returning to campus.
Why do I have to provide my personal cell phone number and personal email address?
VitalCheck requires a personal email address by design so that all communication regarding the screening process resides with you on your personal email account. A smartphone is required to receive the QR code needed to enter Fordham’s campus after completing the mandatory health screening assessment. The Office of Human Resources Management will honor requests to have the daily screening questions (including weekends and holidays) sent to your Fordham email address on a case-by-case basis.
What if I don’t have a smartphone or a personal email account?
If you don’t have a smartphone or a personal email account, please contact the Office of Human Resources Management by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I do if I have been logged out of my account?
You will receive VitalCheck’s daily health screening questionnaire every day, as long as you continue to respond on a daily basis. If you do not receive your questionnaire, it is likely that you missed a day and, accordingly, you have been logged out of your account. In order to activate the daily questionnaires, simply respond to the most recent one you received, or reach out to email@example.com and request your account to be reactivated. You will be allowed to come back to campus once you receive the QR code from VitalCheck.
What do I do if VitalCheck does not accept my insurance?
Please contact the Office of Human Resources Management for assistance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I came in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
If you do come in contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, you are required to report this to the Office of Human Resources Management and Public Safety and seek medical advice through a VitalCheck telehealth visit or your personal physician.
Once again, we appreciate your support and cooperation in adhering to this screening process to minimize the risk of the spread of COVID-19 on our campuses. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Office of Human Resources Management