Fordham Student Summer Interns
More than 81% of Fordham students graduate complete at least one internship
As a Fordham student, you have access to an engaged team of career advisors who work every day to:
- Cultivate relationships with employers in NYC and beyond so that you can gain professional experience.
- Help students perfect how they present on paper, on video, and on zoom!
- Identify professional opportunities that will teach students new skills in growing industries.
The first step in getting started for this summer:
- Join Handshake.
- Through Handshake, set up an appointment with either Holly Young or Viviana Martinez to work on your resume and begin your internship search.
It's never too early to begin your search! We encourage you to start working with us this January to get your resume employer-ready!
SOCI 4900 Internship Seminar (CRN 14033)
Fordham students who secure internships in NYC or elsewhere and who wish to earn 4 credits (one course toward graduation requirements) while learning to make the most of their professional experience may register for SOCI 4900 L31 Internship Seminar, taught by Holly Young. Register via my.fordham.edu. The tuition for the course is $3,892.00.
This class is scheduled for Monday nights, 6 - 9:45 p.m., May 31 - August 4, 2022 at Lincoln Center and online. The course offers the following benefits:
- Insights into making the most of your summer internship experience.
- Career guidance through assessment of your career goals.
- An introduction to the sociology of formal organizations, including work role socialization; organization of social systems; managerial ideologies; and the relationship between character and career.
Fordham students should self-register for this seminar via my.fordham.edu during summer registration.
Housing in NYC for 10 Weeks
Fordham students are eligible to live at either the Lincoln Center or Rose Hill campuses over the summer, regardless of their home school. Applications will be available in the late spring via my.fordham.edu.
Move-in: Sunday, May 29, Noon - 6 p.m.
Move-out: Friday, August 5, before Noon
Housing: $2,600 (LC rate); $2,180 (RH rate)
Housing rates are finalized in the Spring. A $50 housing deposit is required; please follow the instructions from Residential Life about depositing for Summer housing from mid-March to mid-April.
Cancellations of housing should be made directly with Residential Life (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) by May 15. Students who cancel housing after this date may be subject to full housing charges. Students can drop the Internship Seminar course themselves via my.fordham.edu prior to the Add/Drop deadline of June 1. Thereafter, the refund schedule articulated on the Tuition and Fees page will be followed.
My summer internship was the best experience I could have asked for at this point in my life.- Samantha, University of Michigan. Internship: Jacoby and Myers