Women's Philanthropy Summit
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Skadden Conference Center, Law School
Lincoln Center Campus
Networking and Cocktail Reception to Follow
Transforming Today, Safeguarding Tomorrow
From our families to our communities, from our workplaces to our world, women's philanthropy creates positive change and preserves the things we love. At Fordham's third annual Women's Philanthropy Summit, we will come together to expand our capacity for both.
2019 Keynote Speakers
Rose Marie Bravo, CBE, TMC ’71
Rose Marie Bravo held leadership positions in several major fashion businesses—including Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue—before joining Burberry. In her time as CEO (1997–2006), she is credited with transforming the classic brand and greatly expanding its markets.
Valerie Rainford, FCRH ’86
Valerie Rainford is managing director and head of advancing black leaders and diversity advancement at JPMorgan Chase & Co. She is also an award-winning author and speaker who dedicates her life to uplifting others by sharing her incredible story of perseverance.
2019 Panels and Workshops
- The Life Cycle of Philanthropy: Budgeting and Vehicles for Charitable Giving
- Values-Based Leadership: How Jesuit Education Enriches Leadership
- A View from the Top: Reflections on Success and Coaching the Next Generation of Women Leaders
- Imposter Syndrome: Embrace (Don’t Erase) Your Accomplishments
- Guide Your Career (Not the Other Way Around)
New Giving Circles for 2019
We have added three new Giving Circles to our suite of options to help focus your philanthropy on additional areas of need and impact at the University:
- Career Services Giving Circle
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) Giving Circle
- Living the Mission Giving Circle
A powerhouse of women rallied at Fordham’s second annual Women’s Philanthropy Summit on October 24 to share ideas about careers, life milestones, and the power of giving.
The all-day summit drew about 250 alumnae, students, faculty, and friends to Fordham Law School for a series of keynote speeches, forums, pep talks, networking breaks, and even a five-minute yoga session. But more than that, it was a chance for them to gather in the same room and discuss something they all had in common: how much Fordham meant to them.