Students apply in their Sophomore year for acceptance in this prestigious group of high-performing students interested in pursuing careers in Marketing. Through networking opportunities with prominent Fordham alumni and other unique opportunities gain hands-on exposure with leading Marketing firms and professionals, and are informed about numerous career paths available to them.
Requirements for acceptance in the Marketing Scholars Program:
- Sophomores with the intention of choosing Marketing Major or Primary Concentration of Global Marketing with Consumer Insights
- A minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA across three semesters to maintain enrollment a minimum 3.5 ongoing cumulative GPA across four semesters
- Track record of involvement in extracurricular activities, particularly Marketing-related activities and workshops
- Participation in Fordham’s Marketing Association (Rose Hill students) or Fordham Marketing Club (Lincoln Center) events
- Prior internship history (at least one internship)
- Résumé in template
Requirements to maintain enrollment include:
- Must attend all Marketing Scholars workshops and events
- Must maintain the highest standard of personal and professional behavior at all Marketing Scholar events
- Must maintain a minimum 3.5 ongoing cumulative GPA across four semesters
Students benefit from resume review, mock-interview and job-search strategies as well as education about leading trends in the field of Marketing. This program is designed to enhance top Marketing students’ internship and job searches with the ultimate goal of providing the necessary scaffolding for landing an internship or job with a top Marketing firm or agency.
A sample of programming and site visits from recent cohorts includes:
- AMC Networks