Finance Institute: Wall Street in the Classroom
For High School Students
Get a head start on your study of finance.
Please note: We are no longer accepting applications for Wall Street in the Classroom
The Gabelli School of Business is once again pleased to offer the Finance Institute program geared toward high school students curious about the possibility of studying finance in their future. This program could put you significantly ahead.
"Wall Street in the Classroom is a great introductory level class that not only discusses the aspects of investing but personal finance, economics, and innovation. Mr.Gannon allows the class to participate in thoughtful discussions that further strengthen our understanding of the curriculum and build relationships that last long after the course is concluded. By taking the class, I can now read and understand higher level concepts regarding financial markets that I would not have been able to before this program. It has expanded my horizons within the study of business, not just finance." — George, 2018 participant
- Learn finance fundamentals over the course of just one week
- Get exclusive access to a finance firm and interact with top business executives in NYC
Finance areas of focus:
- Overview: Economics, Historical Perspective, Introduction to Financial Markets
- Investments and Analysis: Stocks, Bonds, Investment Analysis Formulas
- Alternative Investments: Commodities, Foreign Exchange/Currency, Hedge Funds, Private Equity
- Investment and Risk Management: Derivatives, Asset Management/Asset Allocation, Risk Theories
- Ethics: Market Manipulation, Industry Infractions
- Current and Future Trends: Microfinance, Impact Investing
- Jim Gannon, Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI)
Who should attend?
- Any high school student interested in learning more about finance
- Any high school student curious about managing his or her own finances
Timeline and location
- June 27-July 1 OR July 25-July 29
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (1.5 hr lunch break)
- The program will be offered in a hybrid format. Students will be able to choose whether they attend in person at the Rose Hill campus or online.
- Registration information for the summer 2022 program is now over.
- Registration requests received before April 1 will receive priority
- Note: This program does not carry academic credit and is not a substitute for FNBU 3221 or any other courses offered by Fordham University
- International students are eligible to apply to attend virtually.
- A $50 deposit is required when applying to the program
- The program cost is $1000 total ($950 remaining after $50 deposit). The fee balance and signed program agreement form are due within one (1) week of notification of acceptance to the program.
- A limited number of need-based discounts are available and can be requested via the standard application. Need-based discount applications must be submitted by April 1.
- Program fee and deposit are fully refundable prior to May 1
- 80% refund will be issued between May 1 and May 31, inclusive
- Program fee is non-refundable beginning June 1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org