Finance Institute: Wall Street in the Classroom
The Finance Institute will begin accepting applications for the summer programs in January 2024
For High School Students
Get a head start on your study of finance.
The Gabelli School of Business is once again pleased to offer the Finance Institute program geared toward high school students curious about the possibility of studying finance in their future. This program could put you significantly ahead.
"Wall Street in the Classroom is a great introductory level class that not only discusses the aspects of investing but personal finance, economics, and innovation. Mr.Gannon allows the class to participate in thoughtful discussions that further strengthen our understanding of the curriculum and build relationships that last long after the course is concluded. By taking the class, I can now read and understand higher level concepts regarding financial markets that I would not have been able to before this program. It has expanded my horizons within the study of business, not just finance." — George, past participant
- Learn finance fundamentals over the course of one week.
- Guest speakers from top finance companies and recent Gabelli School of Business alumni visit the classroom.
Finance areas of focus:
- Overview: Economic Basics, Historical Perspective. Time Value of Money, and Introduction to Financial Markets
- Personal Finance: Savings, Investing, and Debt Management
- Investments and Analysis: Stocks, Bonds, and Monetary Policy
- Alternative Investments: Hedge Fund & Private Equity Industries
- Investment and Risk Management: Asset Management/Asset Allocation and Risk Management Theory
- Jim Gannon, Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI)
- Former Wall Street Global Equity Trader
Who should attend?
- Any high school student interested in learning more about finance.
- Any high school student curious about managing his or her own finances.
Timeline and location
- June 17-June 21 or June 24-June 28 or July 22-July 26
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (1.5 hr lunch break)
- The program will be offered in a hybrid format. You will elect to attend in person or remotely when submitting your application.
- Wall Street in the Classroom Registration for the summer program will be available in January 2024.
- Registration requests received before April 1 will receive priority.
- Note: This program does not carry academic credit and is not a substitute for FNBU 3221 or any other courses offered by Fordham University.
- International students are eligible to apply to attend virtually.
- The University does not provide on-campus housing options for this program.
- A $100 deposit is required when applying to the program
- The program cost is $1100 total ($1000 remaining after the $100 deposit).
- The fee balance and signed program agreement are due within one (1) week of the notification of acceptance to the program.
- A limited number of need-based discounts are available and can be requested via the standard application. Need-based discount applications must be submitted by April 1.
- Program fee and deposit are fully refundable prior to May 1.
- 80% refund will be issued between May 1 and May 31, inclusive.
- Program fee is non-refundable beginning June 1.
- Email: [email protected]