Dominik Molitor is an assistant professor of information systems at the Gabelli School of Business. Professor Molitor received his PhD (Dr. oec. publ.) in business administration and information systems from the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich. He also holds a master of business research (MBR) from the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich and an MS (Dipl.-Kfm.) from the Goethe University Frankfurt.
His research interests lie at the intersection of behavioral and technical aspects of information technology. Dr. Molitor particularly focuses on location-based advertising and mobile search. He is also interested in the economic perspectives of disruptive technologies related to the Internet of Things. In his empirical research projects, he relies on observational data and field experiments using mobile applications including beacons and GPS data.
- PhD: Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany (Dr. oec. publ.)
- Master’s: Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany (MBR); Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany (Dipl.-Kfm.)
- Electronic markets
- Location-based advertising and mobile search
- Spatial behavior and location analytics
- Applied econometrics
Refereed journal publications
- Daurer, S., Molitor, D., Spann, M. (2012): “Digitalisierung und Konvergenz von Online- und Offline-Welt: Suchverhalten im mobilen Internet,” Journal of Business Economics, 82(sh 04/2012), 3-23 (in German).
- Molitor, D., Hinz, O., Wegmann, S. (2011): “The Interplay between Psychometric and Sociometric Data and the Willingness to Adopt New Products,” Journal of Business Economics, 81(1), 29-59.
Refereed conference publications
- Daurer, S., Molitor, D., Spann, M., Manchanda, P. (2013): “The Impact of Smartphones, Barcode Scanning and Location-based Services on Consumers‘ Search Behavior,” Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Milan, Italy.
- Daurer, S., Molitor, D., Spann, M. (2012): “Measuring Individual Search Costs on the Mobile Internet,” Proceedings of the 20th European Conference on Information Systems, (ECIS), Barcelona, Spain.