Information Technology and Operations
Gabelli School of Business
Joined Fordham: 2020
140 W. 62nd Street, Room 412,
New York, NY 10023
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Lin Hao's research focuses on the platform economy and digital retail. He is also interested in issues concerning revenue models in electronic commerce. His work has been published in top business journals such as Information Systems Research, MIS Quarterly, and Production and Operations Management. He currently serves as a senior editor of Production and Operations Management.
Lin has taught several business analytics courses, including business intelligence, data mining tools and techniques, and predictive analytics. Before joining Fordham University, he was an assistant professor at the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame. He received the 2014 James Dincolo Outstanding Teaching Award during his service at Notre Dame.
- Ph.D.: University of Washington
- Master's: Tsinghua University, China
- Bachelor's: Tsinghua University, China
- Platform Economy
- Digital Retail
- Meng, Z., Hao, L., Tan, Y. 2021. Freemium Pricing in Digital Games with Virtual Currency. Information Systems Research, 32(2), 301-674.
- Guo, H., Zhao, X., Hao, L., De, L. 2019. Economic Analysis of Reward Advertising. Production and Operations Management, 28(10), 2413-2430 (Lead Article).
- Hao, L., Tan, Y. 2019. Who Wants Consumers to Be Informed? Facilitating Information Disclosure in a Distribution Channel. Information Systems Research, 30(1), 34-49.
- Guo, H., Hao, L., Mukhopadhyay, T., Sun, D. (authors in alphabetical order) 2019. Selling Virtual Currency in Digital Games: Implications on Gameplay and Social Welfare. Information Systems Research, 30(2), 430-446.
- Hao, L., Guo, H., Easley, R. 2017. A Mobile Platform’s In-App Advertising Contract under Agency Pricing for App Sales. Production and Operations Management, 26(2), 189-202 (Lead Article).
- De, P., Hao, L., Li, Y., Tan, Y. (authors in alphabetical order) 2017. Quality of Service Based Pricing Schemes for Content Sharing in Peer-to-Peer Networks. Production and Operations Management, 26(8), 1427-1443.
- Hao, L., Fan, M. 2014. An Analysis of Pricing Models in the Electronic Book Market. MIS Quarterly, 38(4), 1017-1032.