Information, Technology, and Operations
140 W. 62nd Street, Room 105,
New York, NY 10023
Pasumarti Kamesam is a member of the information systems area faculty at the Gabelli School of Business. He received his doctoral degree in operations research from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Prior to joining Fordham, he was a research scientist/manager at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, New York.
Dr. Kamesam's research interests are in operations research, information systems, machine learning, data mining and operations management. His research has been published in leading journals such as Annals of Operations Research, Mathematical Programming Studies, Operations Management, INFORMS journal Interfaces, SIGKDD and SIGIR. He also holds several U.S. patents.
Dr. Kamesam's work at IBM spanned many years and touched multiple areas, including supply chain management, mathematical optimization, unstructured information management, data mining and emerging technology evaluation.
- PhD: University of Wisconsin—Madison
- Master's: Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
- Post-Graduate Diploma: Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
- Bachelor's: Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
- Emerging Technology Evaluation
- Machine Learning / Data Mining
- Mathematical Programming
- L.F. Escudero, P.V. Kamesam, A.J. King, R.J.B. Wets, "Production planning via scenario modelling" Annals of Operations Research 43 (6), 309-335, 1993.
- M Cohen, P.V. Kamesam, P. Kleindorfer, H. Lee, A. Tekerian, "Optimizer: IBM's multi-echelon inventory system for managing service logistics," Interfaces 20 (1), 65-82, 1990.
- G.F. Anderson, P.B.L. Chou, P.V. Kamesam, "Method for customer lead selection and optimization," U.S. Patent 6,078,892, 2000.
- P.B. Chou, E. Grossman, D. Gunopulos, P.V. Kamesam, "Prospective customer selection using and market reference data," U.S. Patent 6,061,658, 2000.
- L.V. Subramaniam, S. Mukherjea, P. Kankar, B. Srivastava, V.S. Batra, P.V. Kamesam, "Information extraction from biomedical literature: methodology, evaluation and an application," Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, New Orleans, 2003.
- P.B. Chou, E. Grossman, D. Gunopulos, P.V. Kamesam, "Identifying prospective customers," Proceedings of the sixth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge, 2000.
- P.V. Kamesam, R.R. Meyer, "Multipoint methods for separable nonlinear networks,"Mathematical Programming Studies 22I, 185-205, 1984.
- L.F. Escudero, P.V. Kamesam, "MRP modelling via scenarios," Optimization in Industry, John Wiley and Sons, 101-111, 1993.
- L.F. Escudero, P.V. Kamesam, "On solving stochastic planning problems via scenario modelling," Top 3 (1), 69-95, 1995.
- B. Srivastava, A.A. Nanavati, V.S. Batra, M.A. Bhide, P.V. Kamesam, "System and method for dynamic exception handling using an external exception handler," U.S. Patent 7,194,744, 2007.
- G.F. Anderson, P.B.L. Chou, P.V. Kamesam, "Distributed application assembly," U.S. Patent 6,728,75013, 2004.
- G.F. Anderson, P.B.L. Chou, D.E. Chzaszcz, P.V. Kamesam, "Qualified and targeted lead selection and delivery system," U.S. Patent 7,035,699, 2006.
- S. Adak, V.S. Batra, D.N. Bhardwaj, P.V. Kamesam, P. Kankar, M.P. Kurhekar, "A system for knowledge management in bioinformatics," Proceedings of the 11th international conference of SIGIR, 2002.
- A. Giloni, P.V. Kamesam, S. Seshadri, "Distribution Channels in Insurance," Journal of Operations Management, September 1999.