Finance and Business Economics
Joined Fordham: 2008
45 Columbus Avenue, Room 622,
New York, NY 10023
Email: [email protected]
Yi Tang is a professor of finance (with tenure) at the Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University. He received his Ph.D. in finance from Baruch College of the City University of New York in 2008.
Dr. Tang's research covers asset pricing, behavioral finance, risk management, corporate finance, and international finance. His work has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, Review of Financial Studies, and many leading field journals, and for presentation at the American Finance Association, the Western Finance Association, the Financial Management Association, and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. He has been invited to serve as an ad-hoc reviewer for the Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Markets, Journal of Financial Stability, Journal of Futures Markets, Management Science, Review of Derivative Research, Review of Finance and Review of Financial Economics.
Dr. Tang has taught the Financial Management and Investments & Security Analysis courses at the undergraduate level, and Financial Environment, Global Investment Principles, Global Advanced Portfolio Management, Large Scale Data Modeling, and Portfolio Management at the graduate level.
- Ph.D.: Finance, Baruch College, CUNY
- Asset pricing
- Behavioral finance
- Risk management
- International finance
- Corporate finance
Published or forthcoming papers
- Turan Bali, Stephen Brown, and Yi Tang, Is Economic Uncertainty Priced in the Cross-Section of Stock Returns?, Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Turan Bali, Stephen Brown, Scott Murray, and Yi Tang, A Lottery Demand-Based Explanation of the Beta Anomaly, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Turan Bali, Andriy Bodnaruk, Anna Scherbina, and Yi Tang, Unusual News Flow and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns, Management Science, forthcoming.
- Turan Bali, Robert Engle, and Yi Tang, Dynamic Conditional Beta is Alive and Well in the Cross-Section of Daily Stock Returns, Management Science, forthcoming.
- Nusret Cakici, Yi Tang, and An Yan, Do the Size, Value, and Momentum Factors Drive Stock Returns in Emerging Markets?, Journal of International Money and Finance, forthcoming.
- Linda Allen and Yi Tang, What's the Contingency? A Proposal Bank Contingent Capital Triggered by Systemic Risk, Journal of Financial Stability, forthcoming.
- Suparna Chakraborty, Yi Tang, and Liuren Wu, Imports, Exports, Dollar Exposures, and Stock Returns, Open Economies Review, 2015, 26(5), 1059--1079.
- Linda Allen, Stavros Peristiani, and Yi Tang, Bank Delays in the Resolution of Delinquent Mortgages: The Problem of Limbo Loans, Journal of Real Estate Research, 2015, 37, 65--116.
- Turan Bali, Lin Peng, Yannan Shen, and Yi Tang, Liquidity Shocks and Stock Market Reactions, Review of Financial Studies, 2014, 27, 1434--1485.
- Linda Allen, Turan Bali, and Yi Tang, Does Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector Predict Future Economic Downturns?, Review of Financial Studies, 2012, 25, 3000--3036.
- Linda Allen, Aron A. Gottesman, Anthony Saunders, and Yi Tang, The Role of Banks in Dividend Policy, Financial Management, 2012, 41, 591--613.
- Yi Tang and Robert Whitelaw, Time-Varying Sharpe Ratios and Market Timing, Quarterly Journal of Finance, 2011, 1, 465--493.
- Turan Bali, Nusret Cakici, and Yi Tang, The Conditional Beta and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns, Financial Management, 2009, 38, 103--137.
- Turan Bali, Henry Mo, and Yi Tang, The Role of Autoregressive Conditional Skewness and Kurtosis in the Estimation of Conditional VaR, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2008, 32, 269--282.
- Linda Allen, Turan Bali, and Yi Tang, Cyclicality in the Catastrophic Risk of Financial Institutions, Risk Book on Operational Risk Modeling and Analysis, Theory and Practice, 2004, Edited by Marcelo Cruz, p209--246.
- Turan Bali, Stephen Brown, and Yi Tang, Disagreement in Economic Forecasts and Expected Stock Returns.
- Jinliang Li, Yi Tang, and An Yan, Corporate Equity Ownership and Expected Stock Returns.
- Nusret Cakici, Sris Chatterjee, and Yi Tang, Alternative Profitability Measures and Cross Section of Expected Stock Returns: International Evidence.
- Malick Sy, Yi Tang, and Liuren Wu, How Do Fundamentals Matter? Stock Market Responses to Earnings Announcements.
- Yi Tang and An Yan, The Number of Trades and Expected Stock Returns.
- Jie Chen, Zhaoyang Gu, and Yi Tang, Causes or Consequences? Earnings Management Around Seasoned Equity Offerings.
- Presented at 2009 AFA annual meeting. Liuren Wu and Yi Tang, Market Pricing of Economic Risks and Stock Returns.