Fordham-Columbia University Research Fellows
The Fordham-Columbia Research Fellows program will promote and expand institutional research collaborations between the two universities. We will select two to three Fordham faculty members (Research Fellows) to work collaboratively with Columbia scholars on a research project in the summer of 2018.
Faculty members are invited to submit nominations and self-nominations to the Dean of the school of their affiliation by January 19, 2018. The Deans will be asked to submit nominations for the Program to the Chief Research Officer (CRO) by February 1, 2018. Individuals who are nominated by their Dean must submit application materials by February 16 as per section IV. After a review of the submissions, the CRO and Provost will select two to three Fordham faculty members as Research Fellows by March 1, 2018. The summer program will be held from May 15 to August 15, 2018, but the term can be extended if all stakeholders agree.
This program will not affect the Fordham Faculty Fellowship or other internal awards/grants; however, applicants cannot apply to both the Columbia and NYU Fellow programs at the same time. Selected Fellows must follow the Columbia Faculty Handbook's Guidelines for Visiting Scholars/Scientists and Seminar Associates (http://www.columbia.edu/cu/vpaa/handbook/visiting.html).
Fordham applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time tenure-track or tenured faculty member
- Have strong research credentials that include grant activities and/or publications
- Have a plan for collaborating on research with a Columbia scholar using resources provided by that scholar either independently or in conjunction with a Columbia research institute
The nominated Fordham faculty members must submit the following application materials to Mr. David Heston via email@example.com by February 16, 2018:
- A one-page project summary, including objectives, project description, expected outcomes, research equipment usage, and any related expenditures
- A two-page resume,
- A letter of support from the applicant's Department Chair or Dean at Fordham; and
- A letter from the Columbia University scholar agreeing to conduct collaborative research and provide needed resources.
The Fordham Research Fellow at Columbia will have access to research facilities, equipment and work space within Columbia University as appropriate and agreed to in advance by Columbia faculty. The Office of Research at Fordham will be responsible for providing up to $5,000 in support of the Fellow's professional development and scholarly activities, such as local travel, meals, student assistant, conference, supplies, books, and software.
Fellows will be expected to produce scholarly publications, submit external grant proposals, develop interdisciplinary research collaboration, and/or deliver conference presentations. Fellows will also be required to submit a comprehensive report by October 1, 2018.