Drug-Free Campus Guidelines: Posting of Signs
(ABC Law Section 65-d)
- The authority shall prepare, have printed, and distribute across the state to all persons with a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, or a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises, a sign or poster with conspicuous lettering that states the following letter:
“No person shall sell or give away any alcoholic beverages to:
- I. any person under the age of 21 years; or
- II. any visibly intoxicated person
Such a sign or poster shall be captioned with the word “warning “ in at least two-inch lettering.
- All persons with a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises or a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises shall display in an upright position and in conspicuous place, where it can be easily read by the clientele of the establishment, the sign or poster upon receiving it from the authority.
- Any person with such a license who violates the provisions of this section shall be subject to a civil penalty, not to exceed $100 for each day of violation.