Deferred Entry M.B.A. (Full-time M.B.A. only)
Are you an undergraduate senior or graduate student in your final year of study?
Current undergraduates (or master's students) who are considering an MBA in their future can now apply to the highly-rated Gabelli School Gabelli Full-time MBA program. The Deferred Entry MBA allows you to complete the MBA application process while in your final year of study, gain conditional admission, and then begin the Gabelli School Full-time MBA program after completing two to five years of professional work experience. During the deferral period, we expect students to pursue impactful employment that enhances leadership and professional development to prepare profile and prepares you to contribute to business for the greater good. Scholarships are awarded at the time of admission and are applied when the student matriculates.
- Students from any academic background with special attention to:
- Students from lower socio-economic backgrounds
- Students from underrepresented populations
- Students with an interest in the intersection of technology and business
- Students with entrepreneurial aspirations
- Academic readiness and intellectual vigor:
- Standardized tests
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership potential:
- Strategic thinking, initiative, persistence, results orientation, engaging others, and developing/mentoring/leading others
- Sourced from:
- Internships and other pre-professional work experience
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Creative/innovative thinking
- Professional presence
Requires a minimum of two years full-time professional work experience (no more than five years)
- Applicants must be in their final year of their first (1st) undergraduate or joint bachelor/graduate program, and their degree will be conferred between October 2021 and September 2022.
- Currently enrolled master's students who have gone directly from undergraduate to graduate—without having full-time work experience—are eligible to apply.
- Students in doctoral, JD, or medical school (MD) programs are not eligible for the deferred entry program.
Highly qualified deferred entry applicants will be considered for merit-based scholarships that will be awarded at the time of admission and applied once the student enrolls in the FTMBA program (minimum of $20K)